Asus G751 coming with Maxwell GTX 980M and GTX 970M

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Cloudfire, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDRim

BigDRim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You will just need the 2.5" SSD. But the second bay has SATA 2 speed. So it will be better to put the SSD on the first slot and the HDD on the second one.

2. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    My bad, what I meant was that if you undervolt, you get lower temps for the same performance, or even better.

Working in the automotive industry has taught me that even though a car can take 5 mg/stroke in order to keep it idling, you can use 10 mg/stroke of gas for the same purpose and effect, but with 50% waste :)

3. d0r1n

d0r1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i undervolted -90mV and i got the same perfomance(760 xtu) on i7 4710hq but also more good temps: normal i had 82-85degrees and with undervolt i got 79-80

eleron911 likes this.
  4. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    Mine doesn't seem to be stable at -90mV, I got a reset back in the days. I keep it at -50mV, seeing as the temps are under 79C at all times. This is actually quite amazing :)

5. d0r1n

d0r1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yes,the temp is under 80C....and the gpu at ultra details is 76-80C (980m)

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well for chips it's that balance of stability an efficiency, of course all additional voltage on top is waste but be aware the voltage required will creep up very slowly as the chip ages so leave yourself a little margin.

7. nohaybanda

nohaybanda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. Bartvangils

Bartvangils Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone who knows a laptop sleeve for this beast? I am still not able to find any... Really need one as I dont want to risk that it will be damaged while traveling!

9. UltimaXemnas

UltimaXemnas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Great news - i'm very close to ordering my very own Asus G751JY-T7029H! :D

10. AsusUser751

AsusUser751 Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried about 6 bags/sleeves for my G751 through Amazon and most of them left me wanting for something better. Unfortunately there aren't many options for laptops this big. Keep in mind that you need a case that fits an 18.4 laptop because of the vents on the back. I did end up finding something that fits my needs. It's lightweight, has adequate padding, had plenty of storage space for other things besides power brick and laptop (big plus for my needs)

I chose this for safe keeping inside the house:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0019MDMX0/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1420661747&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

And this bag for when I need to take it out:
    Everki Lunar Laptop Bag - Briefcase, Fits up to 18.4-Inch (EKB417BK18):Amazon:Electronics

Honorable mention to these two, but they didn't have enough storage space for my other things. The advance once is fairly spacious just not enough for me. Both are adequate to carry the laptop and power brick though.

Everki Commute 18.4-Inch Laptop Sleeve with Memory Foam (EKF808S18):Amazon:Electronics

Everki Advance Laptop Bag - Briefcase, Fits up to 18.4-Inch (EKB407NCH18):Amazon:Electronics

I also tried one from Slappa but it was really heavy when empty and the laptop barely fit. I didn't like it but it does have lots of storage space if that's what you need.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QZB1DU/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1420663278&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

I also tried a slappa sleeve but I didn't like that one too much but it was okay and everything fit well.

I also tried a Kenneth Cole bag but the padding was not good imo.

Personally all three Everki Bags were good. It just depends on the level of storage space you want.

I hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.