Asus G751 coming with Maxwell GTX 980M and GTX 970M

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Cloudfire, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, switching to high performance yielded no difference, still 464.

What benchmark recommendations do you have for testing the CPU? I'd like to do the same tests as others with the 4710hq and x37 multiplier for comparison.

2. Adly2010

Adly2010 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello
    I just want to ask some questions about G751JT-CH71
    1- How many seconds does boot take (time from pressing power key untill desktop appears) ?
    2- did you try to overlock the cpu to make sure that it has turbo up to 3.5 GHz?
    3- IS sound good and loud ? >> can i watch a movie with 4 friends with loud sound that make us enjoying the movie with a clear and loud sound ?

3. BigDRim

BigDRim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1. approx 5 seconds i'd say.
    2. It has turbo boost.
    3. I never use speakers but they seem good enough to me.

4. Adly2010

Reputations:
    5 seconds with ssd or without ?

5. x7007

x7007 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can someone please upload the G751 original OEM drivers folder ? it's like 2.22GB

Somehow it got deleted and I'm missing some of the drivers.

111.jpg

6. BigDRim

BigDRim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

With but without it is quite the same.

7. ZeroX03

ZeroX03 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone managed to disassemble one of these models? Really curious to see the innards.

8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    x7007, I have been told by some G751 users that C:\eSupport\eDriver folder didn't show up on their laptop, only the C:\eSupport\Manual directory, so it is likely noone can upload them for you, as they don't exist.

Asus has drivers/apps for download for the G751's here at a jumping off point for all 3 models:

G751 Support / Download Areas - Newest - has all 3 G751 models
    http://www.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=g751

Asus has a bad habit of not filling out and keeping current the drivers for their hardware, BIOS's are updated in each model area, but new drivers tend to be added to new products with the same hardware, not the previous products

The G750/G751 use similar hardware/chipsets/peripherals so you can pull the drivers from your model area, and then all the other model areas that have newer drivers for your same hardware.

There are some categories where you need to be specific about the exact name of the driver - like Qualcomm / Athereos parts - you may download a driver that looks right, but refuses to install - you got the wrong one.

Use Features and Programs control panel and look carefully at the name and the Version - the Version is the best clue as each model of part follows a different series - except for those that share the same driver package... you will figure it out.

Asus also has central areas for drivers/app support that are supposed to get updated whenever a new product comes out with that hardware - they are good places to scan for newer drivers.

Notebook Audio - for G751 => Realtek driver package Version V6.0.1.7335
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Audio

Notebook Bluetooth drivers
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Bluetooth

Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download WLAN

Notebook LAN drivers
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download LAN

KBFilter driver
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download KBFilter

Asus Backtracker for Windows 8.1
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Backtracker

Asus SmartGesture
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Smart Gesture

Asus Touchpad
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Touchpad

Asus ATK Package
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ATK Package

Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards, currently at release v2.7.1.8 for the G750JW/JX/JH and G751JT/JY and other non-Optimus laptops
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS GPU Tweak for Graphics cards

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, currently at release v1.0.9 for the G750JS/JM/JZ and other new ROG laptops with Optimus, G751JM(?)
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS GPU Tweak for Laptops

Here are the Asus posted VGA drivers, it's better to get the Newest from Nvidia.
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download VGA

Nvidia Drivers direct from Nvidia
    Drivers | GeForce

Asus stopped updating their Intel INF Update support area, so go directly to Intel to get the latest the 9 series is new enough for G751.
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&FamilyId=42&ProductID=816&ProdId=816

You can also use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest Intel drivers
    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

And, that list should get you everything you need, including newer versions than you laptop ship with originally.

Have fun :)

Update: While researching the G751 download areas, I found that Asus has 3 seperate Web Design / Layouts, each progressively with newer/more packages. I edited down this post and made a new one with all 3 listed here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55572-Asus-G751-Support-Download-areas

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    NeoteriX, eleron911 and UltimaXemnas like this.
  9. Adly2010

Reputations:
    5 seconds from pressing power until desktop appears or until windows starts ?

10. d0r1n

d0r1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    from pressing to desktop,thats how is done.....mine takes 8 sec to desktop and other 2 sec to all programs tot start,so a total of 10 sec

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.