Asus G751 coming with Maxwell GTX 980M and GTX 970M

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Cloudfire, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adly2010

Adly2010 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    JT models has ( 2 X SATA 3 slots )
    JY models has ( 2 X SATA 3 slots + 1 X m.2 slot ) but you can't use the three slots at the same time only can use 2 of them

2. d0r1n

d0r1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Now i'm getting angry with this crapy selling,the jt in my country is 1500$ but the jy is 2500$
    So i have to pay 1000$ for 30% more video performance and a m.2 slot...thats a realy big bum for asus

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You could import it depending on local taxes.

4. ZerockX

ZerockX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Lol weird. I thought JT had M.2 before either. Some owner has confirmed this. Ok now i'm completely lost.

5. Apoxxx

Apoxxx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bah I managed to scratch the back of mine while moving it (the metal part by the logo). So now I can't return it.

Guess operation "Replace Wifi" is a go then.
    Bought an Atheros QCNFA222 card off ebay for $14. It's the same card as Killer 1202, only m.2 instead of PCIe.
    Now I just have to find a guide so I don't damage anything while getting to that stupid placed card slot.

6. d0r1n

d0r1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Me too...i have 2 ssd 2.5" samsung evo and,to believe them,i could make raid 0 to get 1tb and m.2 speeds

7. Visa Declined

Visa Declined Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got my JT a couple of hours ago, so far, so good. No keyboard issues, sound is coming from all 3 speakers, but I hear the sub the loudest, it's a bit tinny. Furmark had the gpu fluctuating between 68-69C, I ran it for 20mins. Unigen Heaven at default settings pushed my cpu to 74C, but I'm downloading Crysis 3 so I can get some real max temps.

The screen looks gorgeous to me, I'm not having any wifi issues, and I am now officially allowing myself to get excited. The only thing that could ruin it for me now would be the cpu throttling. I'll find out soon enough.

hmscott, praetorianx and ZerockX like this.
  8. d0r1n

d0r1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did u look if u have m.2 slot?

9. ZerockX

ZerockX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice, those temp are perfect. Can you check if yours has an M.2 slot? If you dont know exactly where it is, just open the bottom panel, take a picture on the left zone and we can see it for ourself. Thanks!

10. Visa Declined

Visa Declined Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Crysis 3 defaulted to highest settings, except texture resolution, which was on high. The cpu went to 85c, but it took me running around out in the tall grass for that to happen. Indoors it stayed at 75c. My house is not very warm right now, so I'm sure that played a factor in everything.

Here is the picture you wanted, I tried to take that empty bracket cover off, but it uses a really stupid size phillips head, and I don't have one where I'm at.

THvL1wQ.jpg

hmscott and praetorianx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.