Asus G751 coming with Maxwell GTX 980M and GTX 970M

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Cloudfire, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cykelman

cykelman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for your help, i appreciate it. You see, i am kind of an anxious person, especially when it comes to things like this laptop which has a high price tag attached :p I didn't know about the log function of HWiNFO, which was exectly what i was looking for, a way to make sure the temps are spikes and that the cpu isn't constantly running at those temps. Anyways, thanks.

2. clane

clane Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone knows if the G751 supports analog 5.1 output via the 3 existing jack plugs?
    I have an Roccat Kave Headset with 4 X 3.5mm jack plugs (one is for microphone) that i would like to connect. (The mic is not necessary, only the 5.1 analog output).

Thanks in advance

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    cykelman, np, now you have the tools to see the CPU/GPU temps at a reasonable sampling rate (you can change that too in the hwinfo settings), and therefore can assure yourself any time you like :)

If you run the prime95/valley/furmark tests every so often - monthly, you can see the effect of time and ambient temperature on the readings. Now you have base numbers to go back to for comparison.

Just so you know, modern thermal paste, as used in the Asus ROG laptops will last for many years. It isn't even worth worrying about for 3-5 years... and even so I haven't had to re-paste an original laptop paste job in any of my ROG laptops, ever. It is that rare.

You can enjoy many years of gaming :)

4. Cisco78

Cisco78 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, fun while it lasted. Looks like I have to send this thing back....woke up this morning and went to power it on and got nothing. Plugged in AC adapter, it fired up, but says no battery detected, lovely.

Update: it's back, but any suggestions on how to avoid this? Is it ok to leave laptop plugged into AC adapter a the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ZerockX

ZerockX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm, then i may overrated the Rog cooling the whole time. I was in a dream that it manages to cool em all.

@hmscott Do you know if we can increase the fan's max speed?

6. pato

pato Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The target of the ROG isn't really to be extremely cool, but to be extremely silent. This means that they allow a bit higher temps (which don't hurt the cpu/gpu) for more silent fan speeds. Troublesome is it only if they start to throttle, in that case something must be done, like re-pasting or replacing the fans.

[edit]
    This is my personal opinion of the whole ROG laptop thingy.

7. UltimaXemnas

UltimaXemnas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Since i'll use my G751 like a dektop, always hooked up and with external monitor and speakers plugged in, i'll probably get a cooling base for it to assure the lowest temps possible.

8. Cisco78

Cisco78 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok, needs some help please. I thought it had corrected itself, but I was mistaken. My batter is not being detected. Any suggestions?

9. Adly2010

Adly2010 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    G751JT-DH71 :
    1- does it have M.2. ssd slot (shown in the next link as (1)) or have sata slot only (2) ?
    u9W5x0.jpg
    2- adapter auto-switch 110-230 ?
    3- efficient and quiet cooling system like G751JY-DH71 ?

10. Cisco78

Cisco78 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    1. m2 SSD
    2. Not sure what that is, sorry
    3. My models is the G751-DH71

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.