Asus G750 Officially Announced

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Hellzhavoc, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazy90

Chazy90 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think it's better that they don't have Optimus, as I don't have any problems that the wrong gpu is being used. Be realistic....who plays on battery or wishes to carry such a big Laptop all day around anyway? Personally for me everything above 1 hour is fine and it's the last thing that is important to me.

I'm just waiting for the exact price details (configurations) and reviews, but very probably I'm gonna upgrade from my G75 (670M) to the G750 (780M).

2. bchreng

bchreng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm hoping Best Buy will continue to carry the ROG line. If they do, I'll pick one up once it goes on sale.

3. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    So basically:
    "Asus JH for the really hardcore gamers. 8GB and HDD with GTX 780M. Thats pathetic. Lets go allin with all the components and pack in as much power as possible"
    :p

Unless you`re seriously skilled programmer and have a keen eye on soldering really small parts of the motherboard, its a dead end:

Optimus systems have the display connected to the IGP (CPU). When gaming the discrete GPU does all the hard work, it sends the signal to the IGP which send it to the display. When not gaming, the discrete GPU is shut down, but the IGP can still output stuff to the display.

Non Optimus systems have the display connected to the discrete GPU. It doesn`t go through the CPU. Since Optimus is about letting the IGP take over when not gaming, the IGP cannot display anything to the display because the two is not connected

;)

4. RRei

RRei Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    im excited for this laptop.

im selling my alienware m18x r1 just for this too haha. hopefully asus doesn't disappoint me.

5. praetorianx

praetorianx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would wait a bit for reviews to show up. Knowing Asus , we might be in for some rough ride...

6. SoulMisaki

SoulMisaki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And why is that..?

7. SoulMisaki

SoulMisaki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My HP ENVY 17 3D allows me to decide at any time which GPU I use - it has a program that I open and it allows me to select "High Performance GPU" or "Power Saving GPU" - from my understanding, I can't even do that with the G750?

8. RRei

RRei Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im selling my m18x regardless. I just need a new laptop. Im sticking to my ty Dell that I use for work for a month or two before buying.

9. bchreng

bchreng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    One thing - the only thing actually - that comes to mind is the headphone/subwoofer issues following the G75's initial release. That issue has been since hammered out though. I don't really see what could go wrong with this release.

10. Inty

Inty Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Famous last words :p

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.