1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus G73JW-3DE Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Voodooi, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObelixtheGreat

ObelixtheGreat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can easily upgrade the Ram.

Mine came with 4 gigs of RAM. Bought another 8 and easily upgradet it to 12. Upgrade it to 14 gigs still should be easy but if you want 16, you have to desmount the whole laptop because one of the slots is at the other side of the mainboard. Unless yours comes already comes with 8 gigs, the internal slot will be occupied with 4, allowing you to easily upgrade to 16 gigs.

2. yksnemak

yksnemak Newbie

Reputations:
  3. myx

myx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    put a space between FDK487A and -m, and before all the other switches -f -i ..... -s -x
    Code:
    FDL487A(SPACE)-m ...... 

get it?

4. yksnemak

yksnemak Newbie

Reputations:
    I have tried: FDL487A -m Anak -f -i AT01AY.LOD ST95005620AS -s -x -b -v -20
    but nothing :mad: http://www.upnito.sk/0/vp5jdq6pqtzbjp6uh6t9zf3u8vgxaa6v.jpg

5. myx

myx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Make sure the drives are in IDE mode in BIOS. The update will not work in AHCI mode.

6. yksnemak

yksnemak Newbie

Reputations:
    ooou yeah mission complet! :D

right to be: FDL487A -m Anak -f ANQSD24.LOD -i ST95005620AS -s -x -b -v -a 20

and IDE mode in BIOS :)

thank you MYX

7. Kito802

Kito802 Newbie

Reputations:
    ordered mine on last friday from HIDevolution arriving tomorrow@@
    Win7 ultimate, 940xm,16gb 1333, primary drive Crucial C300 256GB SSD SATA3,Seagate Momentus XT 500GB Solid State hybrid drive secondary, 4X Blu-Ray Writer,Ultimate-N 6300 3x3 wireless. 3550 total.
    However, i am kinda worry if the 940xm will get overheat and dont know if this G73jw 3de have the Intel WiDi support ?

8. Housseman

Housseman Newbie

Reputations:
    hi new to the site,and happy to say just order mi g73w3de and i read your forums glad i was just sofware issues, and happy to see such a close group everione ,helping each other , makes me happy to be the owner of such a nice piece of gaming hardware ,and happy to be a menber here hello to all and cheers .

9. jelski

jelski Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    gd,
    Does anybody know how too copy to f9 recovery part on the hdd to another hdd??
    My pc needs to be send in for repairs for at least 2 weeks(TOOO long). It is better i buy a new hdd they aren't that super expensive

10. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    @jelski you can copy the recovery partition with a utility like gparted (or dd if you're comfortable with the command line) to a file called something like recovery.img or straight onto a usb stick/disk. A linux livecd like ubuntu is all that you'd need.

There's a guide here but I'm not sure you need to go through all of this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...recovery-partition-recover-another-drive.html