Asus G73 Series Disassembly Guide

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by David, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I understand that there are links to the G73 disassembly guide buried in the owner's lounge, so to simplify things, here's a dedicated thread to make searching easier.

This disassembly guide is for the Asus G73 series notebook.

NOTE: Remember to unplug your power cord, remove your battery and ground yourself before attempting to disassemble anything. I am not responsible for any damages you do to your notebook. This guide is from Asus and simply for references only. Please also note that replacing your CPU and/or GPU will automatically void all manufacture warranties. USE WITH CAUTION!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. corpfan1

corpfan1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Even to replace the wireless card??

3. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Wireless card is easy, you don't need to completely disassemble the laptop, just remove the bottom cover and you can see the wireless card.

4. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So you can take out the GPU? I thought you couldn't.

5. David

Reputations:
    Yes, you can take the GPU out as per page 2-21 and 2-22 in the guide. But keep in mind that you will have to break the warranty seal to do so.

6. corpfan1

corpfan1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ...was just razzing Ziddy...lol.

7. jas

jas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks to David for starting this thread. Even though I don't have my G73Jh yet, I've always appreciated having the Service Manual for my laptop, (even though in most cases I never even need to open my laptop up). I would also agree that anyone not experienced with laptop disassembly, should use this information very carefully. Asus can deny warranty coverage if they determine that the laptop was damaged by you, (whether you meant to or not). So at the minimum, before you open your G73Jh up, you should read the warranty exclusions on this webpage.

Wanting to get the actual PDF file of Chapter 2 for offline review, I searched through the G73Jh's Owner's thread and saw that sleey0 is hosting the file on his Window's Live Public site, (you need to click on the G73 Series Chapter file icon, and then when you get to the next screen select the Download button, don't try to download with a right click "Save As"). I've also made it available at mediafire here.

If anyone can provide for download, or post a link to, the entire G73Jh service manual (not just Chapter 2), that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks..

8. David

Reputations:
    The other chapters are somewhat redundant. The disassembly chapter is really what's needed. Other chapters included an assembly chapter (basically the reverse of the disassembly chapter), Upgrade & Replacement chapter and/or Installation & Replacement chapter, and an Into chapter talking about safety issues.

9. jas

jas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Regardless. If anyone does have the full PDF, and is willing to post it somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

10. anand00x

anand00x Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is required for CPU replacement. DO I need to do all the steps up to page 21?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.