1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus G73 Illuminated Keyboard - OFF?

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by m394byt3, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m394byt3

m394byt3 Notebook Evangelist

Hi I just got my G73. Maybe Im blind, but I really cant see my illuminated keyboard lol I tried pressing the button (top left, next to the Turbo Boost one) but only lights up/off the blue line of light under my screen.

Maybe I should wait till its really realy dark? :)

2. aramis109

aramis109 Notebook Deity

Fn + the proper keyboard option (F4 or F5 I think?)

3. m394byt3

m394byt3 Notebook Evangelist

LOL i am such an idiot lol thank you that helped :)

4. Kalim

Kalim Ceiling Cat Is Watching U

As you found out one of the functions of the button next to the Turbo button turns the keyboard lighting off. I always found it odd that it would toggle other lighting, but not the keyboard. Like you, when I first received my X1 and had pushed that button, I was like, you're kidding me, it doesn't turn back on the keyboard lighting to the level it was before?

Now that I have become more familiar with those three buttons, I never use them and wish there was a way to assign three useful functions to them.

5. <MarkS>

<MarkS> Notebook Village Idiot

Yeah....left one gets me a beer, the middle one walks the dog, and the right one mutes the wife.

6. Kalim

Looking at the pictograms on those buttons, I can see the relationship. The left button looks like a cup that has a slash through it, meaning cup empty. The middle button has a gauge, that's the speed in which the dog walks. The right button has a big 'S' and that one apparently means "Shut-up".

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;)

7. <MarkS>

<MarkS> Notebook Village Idiot

hehe oops did I say all that out loud? ;)

All are scenarios I'd much more likely have a need for in the heat of battle than lights that "can be turned off instantly for stealth" :)

8. Kalim

Yeah, but stealth has it's advantages, too. No one can see you to ask you for a beer. The dog can't find you to bring the leash. And, after putting the wife on mute, you'll need all the stealth you can get. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.