Asus G71G Owners

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by jbbnet, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheUndertow

TheUndertow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone having problems with the Microphone? I've tried using it in games or Skyping, but it sounds like I'm in a tunnel. I'm pretty sure I still have the Mic drivers loaded (may have removed them for the audio pop, but then again I still have the Realtek controls for the speakers/mic so I wouldn't think I still would if I removed the drivers, but I don't know).

I've tried adjusting the settings, volume...etc but it's still not working right...also when I touch the top of the panel, I can hear it through the speakers a little.

2. Big_Peru

Big_Peru Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yo!

I'm always on here reading, and mentioning I'd be going for the G71G...Been waiting and waiting...and finally it's time!

Everyone recently brought a stir of the Q1 having no overclocking.

So I just emailed my questions to GenTech. Cause everyone always talks big and good of them. Anyway, before all this. I'd been talking with my Tech friend. I mentioned the overclocking deal and Quadness.

He didn't reply to me if this was stupid or not...But I said, "How come everyone is in such a fret with the quad not overclocking? I mean it's 2 dual cores and all, would you really need to overclock them at this time?" He had told me the quad was just 2 dual cores...

Anyway, I mentioned this in my questions. Brian the rep, told me that Asus has disabled the overclocking for the quad. He also says this...

"We should be at 5 GHz at least but that's probably not gonna happen since multiple core is more efficient and less power consumption.

Samething happen with single core CPUs, it has been replace by less clock speed Dual Core processors.
    So Quad core only a 2 dual core? isn't dual core only a 2 single core?"

Which I understand but don't understand the second half...

So yea...not sure if this really helps or destroys dreams...but I figured it'd be just a little helpful somehow...

3. Alowisney

Alowisney Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I didn't have any screen cloudy-ness on my Q1. I did have a bad pixel however and had to send it back so we'll see how it does when it comes back hopefully this week.

4. si618

si618 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For me I got it working by updating bios (that also fixes popping noise), bumped recording volume to max and setting boost to 20 or 30%. Quality isn't great but it works.

FWIW Realtek 2.16 audio drivers has been released (it was 2.14) and I'm just grabbing them now (had to manually FTP from their download express site...at a whopping 1.8KB/s!). Maybe that will improve things.

5. kiwibuddy

kiwibuddy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I downgraded my bios to 410 to see if the keyboard problem would disappear. To my dismay, the keyboard problem still exists. I would highly encourage people to try installing BIOS406 to test out whether the keyboard problem would disappear and post their results here.

6. Darith

Darith Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It does not wipe it away. I had the clouding issue, RMA'd it, and they replaced the screen. They shipped my G71G-A1 back today, so I'll keep you up to date.

7. Big_Peru

Big_Peru Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OMFG!!!

Everyones dead!!

G why!?

8. Alowisney

Alowisney Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had to send my Q1 in for a bad pixel, had it back in a week good as new. Now, if we can just get a BIOS update for the overclocking and double keystroke issue I'll be a happy camper.

9. youngame

youngame Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got the Q1 last week and I have two problems:

1. According to the Asus website, the BIOS 0411 should be able to a)fix logo sound appears twice; and b)support Turbo Gear funtions with Q9000 CPU. But when I checked my BIOS, IT IS 0411, and I still have these problems!!
    2. I accidentally remove the turbogear enhanced graphic card driver. (since I deleted it, I couldn't remember the exact name of that driver) How can I get it back?

10. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Try the following for the sound issue appearing twice:
    1: enter BIOS and load User default.
    2: save the settings and exit.
    3: enter BIOS again and load user default again.
    4: save and exit.

(Instructions were provided by GenTechPC)

I'm not exactly sure about the turbogear enhanced graphic card driver, but i'd start with reinstalling the graphics drivers and turbogear from the drivers disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.