1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus G53SX Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Geass, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Zachy_W

Zachy_W Notebook Enthusiast

Hey guys,

Just got myself this laptop 3 days ago , (G53SX-DH71).
    So far this laptop is running perfectly, play little games like League Of Legends , CS:Source , and currently waiting out on Diablo lll.
    I almost got myself a G74 Series but one of the guys told me that 17" laptop screens arnt as crisp as the 15" ones , and you only get an extra 1GB vid memory, 1.5tb hdd and a blu-ray drive.

But overall im happy with this model , temperature gets up to 85c while on stress , and idle's at high 30's to 50's. Got a free ROG Gaming mouse and a backpack.*pretty damn good deal for this price*.

The only problem I have right now is the freakin speakers, for this price we are paying , asus should at least upgrade the speakers like what the MSI laptops has. 100% volume and I can barely hear S**t all, it gets a tiny bit better when u turn on the loudness setting.

2. cnc44

cnc44 Newbie

I have to agree with you Zachy W. For the price we've paid. The speakers could be better. I'm using some Logitech speakers that I've had for awhile now. They work really good. However, they don't travel very well unless I want look like I'm going for hike in the woods. lol. If I'm on the road I take my sound blaster headphones with me. Also, these machines are Bluetooth capable. Something to look into maybe.

3. ompuri

ompuri Newbie

Hi, Had a question regarding express gate by asus. Does the g53sx support express gate. My bios in 203. In my bios I dont see any option to enable or disable express gate. Does it come installed in g53sx cause I recently installed the latest version of express gate and still no option to enable in bios. Any suggestions?

4. nealloy1981

nealloy1981 Notebook Evangelist

You are right. sound is the worse than ever for this model. Asus should release a BIOS which might help to get better sound.

5. kingrobbo

kingrobbo Newbie

Hi Guys,
    Please can you assist guys ...I purchased an Asus laptop G53SX Gaming system form a company called Xoticpc in USA online(the unit was unavailable here). Some upgrades were made there ie extra RAM the system had 8GB i updated to 24GB/better hard drive 1.5TB and a faster processor.In total the system cost nearly $3000 NZ .The item came with the Asus full international warranty.
    There has been nothing but problems with the unit, crashing and not working as it should ,The item was sent to the Asus service repair centre in Auckland at my cost(as Asus said they wouldnt pay as item had been bought in US...I didnt argue as I thought it would be resolved).
    Basically it was returned with information stating it was a RAM issue and Asus had changed the 2 4GB RAM which came with the unit(the other RAM installed in USA they did not).Now the same problems persist even though the USA RAM has been removed so the only RAM are the units Asus installed. There are also other issues the system crashes/will not boot/ the hard drive doesnt back up data correctly!!!/problems with usb ports and audio jack.......it sounds like a major mother board issue ???

what can be done guys I am gutted as this looks/sounds exactly what I wanted your help and input is appreciated

thank you

6. kingrobbo

kingrobbo Newbie

any help/advice etc re above please

7. mikezzz2012

mikezzz2012 Notebook Geek

Hello Guys I just bought an Asus g53sx 10 days ago, may I ask , Is it normal to have heat emit on your keyboard? I just noticed this now when I dont turn on my Airconditio/aircon in my room , I can feel some slight heat and the keyboard getting warm. Is this nomal for a G53SX ?

8. cr1mson

cr1mson Notebook Enthusiast

hey guys just got an asus g53sx laptop used recently...was wondering if i got a decent deal

Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor
    12 gb DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM
    15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) LED Backlight
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
    750GB 5400rpm
    HD Web Camera
    Integrated 802.11 b/g/n

also came with the gaming mouse.

Was also wondering, what kind of temps do u guys see for the GPU under heavy load for games such as diablo 3 and bf3?

Thanks!