1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus G53SX Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Geass, Aug 23, 2011.

1. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well its at least 4 month newer than the G53SW and with the gimped GTX 560M and the price drop of the SW there arent that many people who purchase this laptop.

2. heheyfred

heheyfred Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm not an owner of this laptop but am seriously considering it. Here's the thing, I just got a new desk (a hutch really) and I'm wondering what the height of this laptop is with the screen opened? The dimensions listed online only measure the closed laptop. Can one of ya'll take a measuring tape and measure from the tabletop surface to the peak of the open monitor? Greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

3. m1_1x

m1_1x Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    im just approximating here heheyfred, but say the exhaust vent area is 2inch. The height of the screen id say is 9-10inchs, so around 11-12 inches (+) or (-) 1 inches.

was just doing some headwork, probably mixed up a few numbers but its an approximation.

4. subliminaltwin

subliminaltwin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    One thing I've been curious about with a lot of the Asus G models is how far back the screen can open. I can't ever find a video that shows it. It looks like the chunk of plastic behind it would prevent it from going back any further than how it looks in heheyfred's picture above. Can you actually open it further than that?

5. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    the pic above shows the max angle you can open it.

6. 7eregrine

7eregrine Newbie

Reputations:
    Good. I like being in the smaller crowd.
    Still loving mine.
    Don't you dare care my darling a gimp. She rocks my world. She doesn't need that extra 64 pixel shaders or whatever the f... ;)

7. heheyfred

heheyfred Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the response m1_1x. Unfortunately the desk I'm dealing with has 11.25 inches of clearance so if this gear is pushing even 11.5 or 12 it's not going to work.

8. 7eregrine

7eregrine Newbie

Reputations:
    I measured with a tape measure the other night for you.
    M1 1X hit it right on. It is just a hair or two under 12 inches

9. southpaw218

southpaw218 Newbie

Reputations:
    I get an "Invalid Thread" response when I click the link for the G53-SX lounge, so I'm starting this. Just bought a G53SX-DH71 from PowerNotebooks.com and I'm super excited. Donald was really helpful with building it to my specs.

10. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I took care of the problem, thread reopened.