Asus G53SX Chipset Driver needed

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by nealloy1981, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nealloy1981

nealloy1981 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I am just wondering if i should upgrade my motherboard chipset driver. at present i am having 9.2.0.1015.
    and also do i need to have Intel Rapid Storage Driver installed for any good reason? please give me the link of those drivers as well.

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can find all the original drivers here

ASUS - - ASUS G53SX

I'm running 9.2.0.1013 and don't have any problems. I would guess that you went to intel and downloaded 9.2.0.1015 from there. If you're having problems revert back to the default drivers from the link above.

I doubt that you really need intel rapid storage technology enabled on your computer, though it might show up as a device not recognized in the device manager. It shouldn't have any noticeable effects though.

3. nealloy1981

nealloy1981 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thanks for quick reply..

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What does what mean? Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

I'm pretty sure it's a program that will give you more options with your sata hard drives such as raid configurations.

Did you read my answer?

It's best if you're not having any problems to just leave it alone. You can cause issues if you're constantly updating drivers. Usually i only keep my wifi and video drivers up to date unless i'm having issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.