Asus G53JW (A1 & 3DE) Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by TipTip, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ahh good to see you IKAS. What was your other choice other than the G53?

2. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    G73 and maybe a CLEVO W860CU just for the optional 470M GTX.
    My main goals are
    1) get the best bang for your buck.
    2) upgradability, I want easy it and fast, take off the bottom panel and bam! It's all right there.

3. worshipingnow

worshipingnow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree with the above statement. I have the np8690 and it is very easy. When the new nvidia cards come out I may just snag one up and put in here. I will see what people say about real world performance

4. ComputerNoob619

ComputerNoob619 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do websites like Xoticpc and powernotebook offer discounts on laptops during black friday? I would like to know because the 1st wave of asus g53 are out and I will gladly wait a month to save some extra money. Thanks.

5. worshipingnow

worshipingnow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    best thing to do is contact justin from xotic directly via the website and ask for a sure answer

6. Sigtyr

Sigtyr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Might want to add the XA1 from Amazon. Just preo-rdered it. Hopefully they get some in stock soon.

Edit: I haven't had any problems with Amazon so far, but I've only done small pre-orders; nothing like this.

7. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You mean you preordered it. Keep an eye out on your account/bankaccount/cc account. They get shady when it comes to preorders. Keep in mind that amazon DOES NOT call you to confirm your order. If you do receive a call, immediately report it to amazon via a phone call to the company itself--ESPECIALLY if you receive a middle-eastern/Indian-accent sounding person like the one that called me. This happened to me when I "preordered" the GX640, and the CSR that I reported this to, and his supervisor, and HIS supervisor, AND the supervisor of their investigations department ALL confirmed that it was not amazon doing the call. They stated that the only kind of communication amazon does is through email, and ONLY through email. So since then, I've been reallllllly hesitant of ordering through amazon. Just thought you might want to know, so that you may cancel/keep a closer eye on your preorder at Amazon.

EDIT (10/27): Hmm.. Amazon's still not in stock yet, and neither are any of our favorite resellers. Wonder what's the holdup, Asus?

8. LostInCanada

LostInCanada Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone actually STOCK this unit - US or Canada (prefer Canada) ? I've gone ahead with the G73jw, which I really like (except for size) and would like to get the G53jw-A1 for mobility (yeah really!LOL).
    Thanks!

9. panzer06

panzer06 His Imperial Majesty

Reputations:
    I think there were people saying the G53 is not really that much smaller, yet much more difficult to upgrade. I'd personally stay with the G73JW.

Cheers,

10. DT770

DT770 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think that little 1 inch makes it that much easier to tote around..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.