Asus G53, the smaller version of the G73jh

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by yoyosupmang, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psteiny

psteiny Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OK will give that a go, thanks.

2. myHostie

myHostie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So... any news from ASUS?

3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you are looking for available stock on the ASUS G53JW-A1, we have them as do other resellers here on the boards, and another shipment is coming in this week, and yet another next week.

4. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I live in Norway and have been buying my last 2 laptops from US. The M50J from XoticPC and the M60J from GentechPC. They both are exellent and have top customer service and takes good care of your PC. They ship to international countries, included Latvia ;)
    I don`t know how much tax you have to pay in importing electronic to Latvia, but here in Norway we have to pay around 30%. And probably around $100 or so in shipping costs

5. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    We also have lifted the Pre Order on the G53JW-A1. Shipments are smaller then last week but still coming in. Some tomorrow and then some next week. :)

6. stege

stege Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. Managed to open the palm rest but it wasnt easy. Installed the hard drives. This machine is sweet. Im playing all my favorite games on high settings and framerates. Yup, Im really happy.

PS. I only found ONE RAM slot (located between the HDD bays) with a 2GB DDR3 stick in it. My machine reads 4GB but the location of the second ram slot eludes me :))))

Question: my kb lights do not work (they do flash during POST), FN+F3(F4) do not work or any of those 3 buttons above the kb. How do i switch ON the lights or even configure the keyboard light pater (if possible) ? Thanks!

7. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    COOL! Good to see that there's i5 versions. QUESTION: Do your i5 G53's support optimus? If so, then awesome!

8. fundamental

fundamental Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to register an account @ GentechPC, but they don't have Latvia in their countries list, only Lithuania.
    30% tax is quite a lot. But taxes in Norway are generally higher, so I'm hoping for something like 20% here.
    ~100$ shipping is what I expected.
    But it's still worth it since this laptop will cost around 2700-2800$ here and ASUS gives a global warranty with their products, so I won't have to ship it back to the States in case something happens.

9. stege

stege Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For some reason, I do not think so. Anyway, Windows does not detect any video card besides gtx460m.

Can someone please explain how to configure keyboard lights and what does the 3 buttons above the kb do? And where is the second ram slot? :p Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Peel away the black plastic stuff. Also, when you lift the keyboard off, peel the black plastic that's in the middle. See this thread for more info: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...bling-g53jw-installing-second-hard-drive.html

Have fun!

Also, another question, but this one's about the 740qm... Does it downclock or undervolt itself when it's not in high demand / high use? How about the 460m does it too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.