Asus G53, the smaller version of the G73jh

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by yoyosupmang, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abula

Abula Puro Chapin

Reputations:
    My guess is they are suppose to be 1066, but as with the JH there was a shortage on 1066 memory and most came with 1333mhz, even bestbuy editions, but there were some that did came with 1066, so my guess is that amazon posts 1066 just in case the batch they got has it, but both of my G73JW-XA1 came with 1333 memory (the first one was defective the second i just got but its working great).

2. ibraveheart

ibraveheart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    get it from a Reseller here
    Try GenTechPC

3. Harindra

Harindra Newbie

Reputations:
    hello,

I am in london and is interested in buying g53jw. I couldnt find any within uk sellers and saw some of you guys have bought from Gentech pc and get delivered to uk. Just wondering about the import taxes you might had to pay?

Thanks

4. emolitor

emolitor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No import duties for computers in the UK, just VAT. The UK models of the G53's should be available shortly but the prices seem to be roughly 1500£. Even paying full VAT the US model from GenTech will cost about 1000£ plus 175£ VAT. That's significantly cheaper than buying locally.

I would send Ken at GenTech a PM or email and see if he can help.

Even if the models are coming with different spec'd Memory Amazon will generally list it based on the manufacturers information. ASUS in this case is telling Amazon that specific model of the G53 comes with 1066 but is shipping with faster memory. This seems to happen a lot with ASUS and MSI. More recently MSI has had several incidents of shipping models spec'd with 6 gigs of RAM with 8. Nobody seems to complain. :p

5. Harindra

Harindra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

Thanks, But when I checked the 3d model it cost 1799USD +for BluerayRW its 119+ shipping 129USD whole together 2047USD, when I convert it to POUNDS via paypal its 1236GBP roughly + adding 17.5 tax its gonna be more than the UK price. ?? I am confused. Please help and I cant either pm coz am new for the forum, if you can let me know someone's email to discuss that would be great. Thanks

6. emolitor

Reputations:
    My price was for the non-3d model.

7. Harindra

Harindra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Have you already received your NB by now? Please confirm how much you paid for taxes and how long it took for delivery?

8. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Was down in Tampa, Florida this week and checked out CompUSA down here (now owned by Tigerdirect) and they had the G53 on display sitting next to the G73, was really cool machine. I'm still not sure I'd pick it over my G73, but would definitely consider it.

They had them in stock and ready to pick up for anyone around this part of Florida and wants to see and play with one on display.

9. Spyral

Spyral Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Another long tiring week. But at least I was able to kick back at the end of it and forget all my worries, including the g53. But now that the work/school week has commenced...
    Here's to hoping my order is in this next batch.;)

10. emolitor

Reputations:
    The package is currently in transit I'll let everyone know how long it took to get here and what condition it is in when it arrives. GenTech has contact information on their website it would be much better to ask them about prices shipping times taxes/etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.