Asus G53, the smaller version of the G73jh

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by yoyosupmang, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myHostie

myHostie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Teacher: Billy, please define patience.

Billy: Um.... ordering a g53 and wait, and wait, and wait...

2. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    At least you're just waiting for your toy. I'm still waiting to be able to pay for this thing :(

3. Ulags

Ulags Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Whom do you think will get the majority of shipment? Resellers or retailers? Because there are guys who have ordered for this beast in september and still waiting, and there are also guys who ordered it two days before and are now enjoying with it..

4. ibraveheart

ibraveheart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All the Big sites have it in stock
    only the resellers here dont have it
    very odd :(

5. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Anyone know if the Newegg one includes the mouse TOO? It only has a picture of the backpack...

6. Darksieg

Darksieg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Probably included since no other model gives out the backpack

7. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hope so. Same with the Amazon one, right? Newegg and Amazon will be my backups if the resellers don't come through on pricing/availability.

8. Darksieg

Darksieg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yep. I can also see tigerdirect having the G53jw-A1 but still keeping faith with the resellers here :).

9. emolitor

emolitor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not very odd. Most of the larger retailers will negotiate financial incentives to insure products are supplied on time. If the product is not delivered on time often the terms will change. I believe the two most common devices used are a discounted invoice price per unit or increased payment schedule. It may sound counter intuitive but the ability to extend the payment schedule is often the more valuable of the two options.

Resellers provide a valuable long tail market for manufacturers due to their customizations and additional support. But the bulk of sales is still going to come for large online retailers and big box retail stores.

Taking into account the potential for financial penalties and the larger market its not surprising to me that larger retailers have received the first large shipments of units. Lets not forget the resellers received units, albeit small quantities, weeks before the retailers.

As much as it is frustrating to wait I really don't want the first unit shipped, I want the best possible unit customized to my specifications. That means waiting a bit longer which, while annoying, is worth it to me.

10. cozy

cozy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK, I've tried the tutorial to mod my keyboard backlight... It works ^___^
    Thing is, I think that the led power chord edge (which connected to the laptop frame) seems to a bit loose now, resulting in led going on and off at weird times...
    Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm planning to fix it by adding some plastic buffer beneath the wire to keep it tight as my last resort...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.