Asus G53, the smaller version of the G73jh

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by yoyosupmang, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph@XoticPC

Joseph@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    We will certainly be doing something for black friday. Unlike stores though our specials usually last all day so no need to get up at 3am :)

2. bartimaeus

bartimaeus Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered my G53jw-A1 from amazon (it was on stock for a while then) on Wednesday and got it on Thursday using my prime account. Though I ended up paying some extra bucks, am glad that I did that. I atleast have the machine in my hand now. Its stunning!

3. kabes

kabes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine is sitting next to me right now in a sealed box (I'm at work).

Hurry up 5 o'clock!!!

4. Ulags

Ulags Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @joseph
    Wow thanks joseph.. You brought big smiles in my face:) i have actually waited 6 months for this laptop and i might as well wait for some extra 20 days for ordering it :)..
    @others
    which will look better? 1080p in 15.6 screen or 1080p in 17.3 inch screen? Thanks

5. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    Don't they look the same?

I can vouch for the G53 screen: VERY roomy, VERY bright and all the colours look beautiful. :)

I assume the G73 is the same ...just with a little more room.

6. emolitor

emolitor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup, they wen't insanely fast. From what I can tell ASUS is actually still shipping small batches out. They sent a few small batches to the resellers first and they are now shipping small batches to the larger retailers. Hopefully they will cycle back to the resellers again and not keep pushing back their shipping dates. I've always wonder if this disproportionately impacts resellers whom, I assume, are not large enough to negotiate punitive missed ship date financial penalties. For ASUS laptops probably not as I remember the G73jh being in such short supply at launch everywhere. So much for the time value of money. :rolleyes:

7. xWaxPencilx

xWaxPencilx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow this thread has sure been dead lately, which is a good thing I guess, cause what is usually posted after the laptop has been released for some time are issues and problems.

8. DT770

DT770 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess all the people who really anticipated on getting the machine got theirs and are busy tinkering with it

9. Ulags

Ulags Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have some questions- 1.One of my friends told that we cant differentiate the 900p with the 1080p in a 15 inch screen and we need atleast a 21 inch display to enjoy the full aspects of the full hd eye candies.. Is it true?
    2. is it possible to swap the i7-740 with a i5 processor so that optimus can be enabled?
    3. Does the nvidia drivers automatically downclock the gpu when we are not performing graphics intensive tasks or else should we manually do it?
    Thanks for your replies

10. Metallic

Metallic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Very True...

I've been having a few issues, nothing serious though. Like my vga or hdmi doesn't get automatically connected and displayed when I plug them in... yeah that stupid of issues.

Other issues, the 3d stayed on after exiting a game, but the game isn't officially supported so that's understandable. It's 007 Blood Stone, i dunno why it's called that, since the game has nothing to do with stones... (i give the game a 7/10) 3D takes an even bigger performance hit with non officially supported games.

Some games DON'T DO 3D WELL, some have terrible problems with the display of the game as a whole... I'll explain later.

I think I'm starting to understand why SSD is soo much better, installing games while using the laptop really bogs it down.

The laptop is such a great value... any alienware that comes close to this would cost 1k+... so kudos to Asus.

This laptop does turn heads... had people wowed every now and then... I keep bringing my 3d pairs along...

Best of luck for whoever is getting them...

I've been trying to work on benchmarks, but i'm too damn busy now... I'll be virtually nonexistent in this forum in Dec.

And for all of you who are eagerly waiting... I'm glad I waited :D

Any questions I'll be happy to answer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.