Asus G53, the smaller version of the G73jh

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by yoyosupmang, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimataurKo

AnimataurKo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OMG let's be L4D2 buddies.
    I love playing with other people! And as soon as my laptop comes in... that is going on it. :)
    Mine is coming in on Monday... Just gotta get through Sunday! And that should be easy... Friends and Booze make time fly by~

On another note... I'll be buying a new TV soon (decemberish) so, I should be able to hook my little monster up to it for some optimum Blu Ray viewing. Any suggestions on TVs? I've actually never purchased one before (all of mine were hand-me-downs from old video rental stores going out of business) so I have no idea what to look for. I'm thinking 32" is big enough for my room, and I've checked out some floor models at Best Buy, but I really have no idea what to look at!

11/8 isn't too far away... I hope you guys get your machines soon! :)

edit: And Saturday. I forgot there was a Saturday involved with the week. For once, I wish the weekend would go by fast!

2. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Rubberized plastic actually gets more scuffed/scratched than regular (keyword: HIGH QUALITY) plastic would. The rubber aids in finger prints and smudges. But it actually can get more scratches, and thsoe scratches WILL stay. My Samsung D500 and D600 phones were rubberized plastic, and the battery/backside were a bit scratched when I got done with them. Additionally, the rubber will wear over time, and eventually reveal the hard plastic underneath. That's why I'm gonna try to affix the Faux Leather liner from HomeDepot. Will take pix when if this mod is possible :)

Hot damn I want one! Still waiting on my new card though :p Patience is a really hard trait to possess, eh, peeps? LOLz

3. Wolfpup

Wolfpup Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What IS that rubbery plastic? Let me guess, it's toxic and flakes off at us :lol:

I kind of like my normal plastic on my N80...nothing different after 2 years of use.

Regarding size, I don't know what the deal is, but I keep getting one size and then wanting something much bigger after a year or two. Happened with my 32" one and now my 40" one. 32" used to seem HUGE...but it's shrunk LOL. So don't worry too much about going big.

I think the big brands are the way to go-tend to be more reliable, have better scalers, etc., although I'm sure there are exceptions. I've got a Sony and a Samsung and have liked both (got the Samsung because Sony didn't have LED backlit models at the time in that size). Panasonic would be the way to go if you want a plasma one IMO since basically the guy who makes all the breakthroughs for plasma-he and his lab have been part of Panasonic since the 80's I think, and it sort of feels like everyone else is reverse engineering that.

4. Geared2play.com

Geared2play.com Company Representative

Reputations:
    I must have been really good in my accounting class. I aced the supply / demand lessons. WHich is why every single pre order we had for g53 received a notification of pending shipment and we have no more pre orders. have a great weekend :)

5. emolitor

emolitor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    (Checks his inbox not matter how unlikely it is...) Did ASUS actually ship your request allotment or was it just luck?

6. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    The screen is soooo roomy. Finally got all my FL Studio addons/samples set up and the resolution is just perfect and attractive. Loads in 2 seconds too.

So far, 0 significant issues. I'm still very maticulous and cautious when it comes to the lid, since I'm paranoid it'll get scratched.

Still in the process of installing my games Argh! Canadian internet, specifically Bell, SUCKS! (since my collection is digital downloads).

7. Metallic

Metallic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LoL Heck YA!!
    "Metallic_Force" is the name....

TVs... depending on how far you sit you get the right size. I sit 7-8 feet away and I have an Insignia, 42'' 1080p for 600-700$ (Should be around 500 now) with 2 year best buy warranty. I love the thing, its got audio pass thru, 4 hdmi inputs. The only complaint would be the backlighting is from the corners, so when viewing dark scense and games it becomes noticable... but it's not that big of a deal.

Good Luck Living through sat and sun!

8. xWaxPencilx

xWaxPencilx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does the lid get any mark if u try to scratch it with ur fingernail? Cause I went to the bestbuy and looked at the g73's rubber coating, couldn't scratch it with my nail no matter how hard I tried

9. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    I'm not testing it LOL

I believe it would probably leave a mark if you pressed down with sharp nails against the lid. The only thing the lid came into contact with is the bag inserts and it's looks like I've had it for months b/c of all the smudges ...until I clean it again the 10th billion time :) Not a huge deal, though.

10. cozy

cozy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys...

This is my first time posting here, although I've been following closely since this thread begun.

Talking about lid protector, doesn't Xotic PC offer the costumized lid protection? I like their protector design, and if it's also available for G53JW, I'll get one G53 with that option selected...

Anyway, nice knowing you guys.

Cheers ^___^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.