Asus G53, the smaller version of the G73jh

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by yoyosupmang, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DT770

DT770 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    wow no ones sleeping tonight?
    Hopefully I get my computer tomorrow~

2. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    You should be warned:

G53JW's come with insomnia... :p

3. Metallic

Metallic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Also comes with waiting for one it seems :)

That's the best drug ever, it gets you hooked before trying it!

Just a tip for all the students out there...

Remember you can buy Windows 7 pro (or any Windows product) at a discounted price from your institution... just log on to your account and search for it.

Win 7 pro UPGRADE for $60 Downloaded.

4. emolitor

emolitor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone made a mistake with the referral URL so its displaying the Amazon Mobile web interface. Try a link like this instead...

Amazon.com: ASUS G53JW-3DE Republic of Gamers 3D 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop - Black: Computer & Accessories: Reviews, Prices & more

That should take you directly to the detail page appropriate for whatever device you are on. (And without any associated referrals)

- Eric (Your friendly Amazon development manager whose views do not necessarily represent those of the company. YMMV. Any similarity between people actual or imaginary are simply a coincidence, etc, etc.)

5. xWaxPencilx

xWaxPencilx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Or free!!!

6. Metallic

Reputations:
    Omg? You serious? care to explain?

7. myHostie

myHostie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    msdnaa -> Microsoft will give out free copies to students in some qualified programs.

On the other hand, some friend of my told me that HP laptops are the best and tried to get me to buy one of those HP Envy. I told him this g53 will literally wipe the floor with any laptop HP throws at it and he is still not convinced.

8. Metallic

Reputations:
    Ahh! I shall see if I qualify then!

Thanks!

Edit: Yeah I might not be qualified... I'm not studying IT. But I contact our department hoping to get it anyway. I got a 3.8 avg (Edit2: Actually 3.7 :( )I should be entitled to something :)

9. myHostie

myHostie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not sure if you can ask though. Usually your program tells you that you are eligible for download because it is a collaboration between Microsoft and the said institution. And if the school takes the offer, then every student in that program will have to sign a ToA. Usually, Microsoft only offers this to IT students, but I think you can get the benefit if you apply to at least 1 computer class course - check with your university to see if they have MSDNAA.

Usually, the ToA says something like this:
    The software is granted to you for educational use... then if you graduate then it becomes a life-time license (legit CD-key). etc etc.

For me, I got windows xp, vista, 7, and pretty much every single line of Microsoft products they have in store - 1 copy each.

To bad, there is no Adobe software, otherwise I get all the money back from my tuition by getting free Adobe stuff.

So when will the second shipment of g53 be available in the US?

10. Metallic

Reputations:
    My uni got it... but we were never told about this... so I doubt I'll be eligible. I got the 30$ pre-order upgrade when it was offered by MS.

I can save all the headache (and 60$) by giving my self another headache by re-installing home back to my G50 and use its Pro upgrade on my G53...

The second shipment should be here next week (what I hear from Ken at Gentech)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.