Asus Eee PC 1015B and 1215B thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by gooface, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micman

micman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No it doesn't have GB lan. 10/100 only. My suggestion to you is that if you need added speed, look into replacing the wifi card with one of Bigfoot's new Killer N half pci express cards. You'll get really great speed over wireless if it's paired to a good wireless N router.

Here's a link to a good replacement wifi card: Bigfoot networks Killer Wireless-N 1102 | eBay
    the link is to eBay so it will expire eventually. Just go to eBay and search for Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1102

Here's a few routers to match:
    Amazon.com: Cisco-Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router: Electronics
    Amazon.com: ASUS Black Diamond Dual Band Processor, Hardware NAT, 5 Internal Antennas, Fast Gigabit Ethernet and 128MB DDR2 Wireless Router (RT-N56U): Electronics
    NETGEAR - N750 Dual Band Wireless-N+ Gigabit Router with USB Port - WNDR4000-100NAS
    sorry about that last link, it wasn't very Denmark friendly. I hope it points you in the right direction.

Of course, all that depends on if you have the money $$$$

2. Blob977

Blob977 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey,

could anyone upload a copy of the recovery partition? I know its 16GB but actually there are a lot of people (like me) who deleted their recovery partition and didnt make an image.
    Be glad if anyone could help...

peace

blob

PS: For the 1215B

3. co2-guy

co2-guy Newbie

Reputations:

Thanks alot. I had not thought about that option :)

4. krosser

krosser Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got 1015b with C50 and 2gb ram. Want to upgrade to 4gb and install win 7 x64. But seems like there are no drivers for x64 on the asus support page. Does anyone know where I can find those drivers? Thanks in advance!

5. micman

micman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A fresh install will probably have all the drivers you could need with maybe the exception of the latest catalyst driver. But Windows will still probably find what you need through Windows update after you install.

Are you sure you want to step it up to home premium? That laptop barely meets the minimum requirements as it is.

6. krosser

krosser Newbie

Reputations:
    So, you think I shouldn't worry beforehand and just try to install... Well, I'll try.
    Re: the upgrade, all I can say is, this laptop is much faster than my old 1005HA (with atom 270 and 2gb ram) and I've got win 7 ultimate on it. It has been running quite decently for my day to day work. 1015b is an upgrade but I want to make the most out of it by upgrading the ram (I like to use ram disks for my portable firefox and temp files, etc.)

7. skibbie

skibbie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    We're thinking of buying the Asus 1015b AMD c30. How is it for connecting to a TV and streaming Hulu and Netflix? I've read some things about it having problems streaming high-def -- does that mean it won't play those things well at all, or that it will just play them in lower def?

Edit: Well, we just ordered it, hope it does what we want, lol.

8. ashwin1234

ashwin1234 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    We need to revive this thread. I will start with the overclocking of the CPU using the asus super hybrid engine.

Put it in high performance mode and the FSB will increase to 105MHz, giving a CPU speed of 1055Mhz

9. pawheel

pawheel Newbie

Reputations:
    What can be done about this track pad? It does not work well at all!

10. moeff

moeff Newbie

Reputations:
    @pawheel

u upgraded 1015b to 4gb? which module u have used?

anyone has the problem with white 1015b - the display can be see through the backpanel on some points... this problem is only visable when all is dark around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.