Asus Eee PC 1015B and 1215B thread

Discussion in 'Asus' started by gooface, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnionJack72

UnionJack72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Pretty impressed so far with my new 121B, having upgraded it to 4GB ram already, and having deleted all the bloat-ware LOL.

Can't seem to change the windows logon screen though.

I've used Stardock LogonStudio on many machines including my Asus G73, but the welcome screen refuses to change on this 1215B.

Any ideas?

2. EchoShade

EchoShade Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone know any monitoring programs for temps and voltages for the 1215B? I did a clean install and I want to do some testing with battery life. I got some A-data XPG DDR3L RAM and I want to see if it's supported at 1.35 volts like the Zacate should be capable of or if it runs at legacy values of 1.5 volts. I also have a Samsung 470 SSD but I shipped that to my dorm by accident..... So the battery life from that part won't be tested until late July.

Also I believe they fixed the touchpad in the most recent shipments. I bought mine last week from Newegg and no problems after 5 hours and multitouch works great. I'll update if it freaks out.

3. joshthor

joshthor 100% Crazy Sauce

Reputations:
    Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Microsoft Windows 7

what i used.

4. EchoShade

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how to get the wireless button to work after a clean install?

Installed the DDR3L RAM as well, Windows reports an extra 40 minutes of battery life but that's about as reliable as WEI. If anyone knows a testing program, I can try it.

5. wayofki

wayofki Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm thinking of getting this machine, and am wondering a couple of things. I'm not familiar with how powerful this processor is, but how would it compare to the core 2 duo t7200 I am using right now in my dell m1210?
    Also, have people been able to clean install windows on this without issues? (I will need to do this as I will be buying in Japanese with a Japanese OS).

I mainly want this for the size/weight and USB 3.0.
    I want to be able to use it with Ableton live, and maybe a bit of photoshop.
    I don't need it for gaming etc..
    Do you think it is powerful enough for my needs?

Thanks!

6. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
  7. EchoShade

Reputations:
    I have the most recent drivers from there and wireless works. I just can't turn off the adapter with the button.

8. ALLurGroceries

Reputations:
    Yes for the button you need the ATK drivers which has the atk hotkey utility that controls the hotkeys. For the wireless hotkey you also should have wireless console 3 installed.

9. EchoShade

Reputations:
    What are exactly ATK drivers and where would they be filed under? For the 1215B I don't see a driver named so under utilities or wireless for them.

10. ALLurGroceries

Reputations:
    On the 1015B page there is an ATK section which contains the keyboard filter driver and utility.

For the 1215B there is an updated keyboard filter utility under the Utilities section.

I guess there is no wireless console utility for this Eee, unless they forgot to list it on the downloads section. You may only need the ATK keyboard driver and utility in that case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.