Asus Disassembly Guides search

Discussion in 'Asus' started by 0n1s4c, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schreto

schreto Newbie

Reputations:
    ok, thanks. how do we dissamble the mainboard. do you have one more tip???!!! thanks in advance.

2. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I am not so sure. Unfortunately no guide has been posted for the K70IC. You need to remove the power cables, the display cable (which looks like it is taped down), the wifi cables, and any other accessory cables and the optical drive and hard drive(s). Then you must find all of the chassis screws and remember their positions because some will be different sizes. You can make a diagram on a sheet of paper and then tape the screws to their positions on the paper. You shouldn't have to remove the heatsinks but it looks like you may need to remove the fan to get to at least one screw. You may also need to remove the wireless card and RAM to get at other screws. There may be daughterboards which connect to the larger mainboard which have to come out first and may need to be removed at an angle.

I would skip the hassle and splice the wires. It would take 10 minutes tops even if you are inexperienced.

3. schreto

schreto Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for info. but he two wires erroneously already removed form the connector.

4. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    In that case, look over some of the other disassembly guides posted to get a general idea of the process. If you have not disassembled a laptop before I would suggest that you don't do this alone, find someone with experience to help or bring it to a shop. It is not worth damaging something (like a fragile connector) over a CMOS battery.

5. schreto

schreto Newbie

Reputations:
    ok, will do so. once more thanks for help.

6. pinoyKnight

pinoyKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a disassembly guide for the G2S? I've seen some pics of the chassis already opened and the board exposed and I was told its roughly similar to the G1S, however I really don't want to screw anything up.

7. 0n1s4c

0n1s4c Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Remove please

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. schreto

schreto Newbie

Reputations:
    Morning again from germany. Now i have a look for the X72JR as we have to repair/change der dc jack. Does anyone have instructions/manuals for that nb??? I will solder by myself but do not really now how to get onto the mainboard. thanks in advance.

9. 0n1s4c

0n1s4c Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Remove please

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  10. xenobus2006

xenobus2006 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok I'm having trouble here. I search google and found this site. I found the dissemble manual. The only problem is the step to and fix the power button on the N50V series. Any help!. I was trying to clean out the fan and then next thing i know I'm having another issue. The power button wont come on. When I press the power button i dont get the firm push i use to get and I think something is wrong with and I dont know how to get inside it to see. I followed the dissemble guide to the T and I'm stuck. I took the keyboard out and I'm so close to the power button but dont know where to go from there plz help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.