1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus 14" Napa Laptop Announced

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by unleaded, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unleaded

unleaded Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Today Asus announced that the Z62F/J 14" Napa based laptop system will be available February 1. The Z62F will use Intel's 945GM embedded graphics solution and the Z62F will offer a discrete GPU that is, as yet, unannounced.

2. coriolis

coriolis Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    OOooohhhhhhhhh!

I wonder what GPU will sit in it...!

3. unleaded

Reputations:
    Preliminary specs suggest the Z62F/j will use SATA drives only, offers a 4 hour runtime (6 cell 4800mAh Li-Ion battery), has a WXGA glossy screen and will have a system weight of approx. 5.5lbs.

4. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter - Super Moderator

Reputations:
    oh please be a good GPU, please. and thanks for the update on the new Asus Napa machine. extra brownie points goes to all those that help us keep up with the new laptops announced this week. gold star to unleaded :)

5. Goren

Goren Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    oh pleaaaase let it come out to the US as a "built on" model!

6. unleaded

Reputations:
    These ARE "Built Ons" and they ARE being released in the States Feb. 1.

7. Goren

Goren Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    sweeet.. the Z62F might be my next laptop!!! :D I'm so glad I waited to 2006 to buy a notebook instead of settling on the Compal EFL 30 :asus: :asus: :D :D

8. dragonesse

dragonesse Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ****it! I can't get a new laptop mid-semester... now, can I justify waiting til May for a new laptop? How soon will we have more info on cpu and gpu?

9. unleaded

Reputations:
    CPU is already known Single/Dual core Sonoma/Napa. No idea when the discrete GPU for the Z62J will be announced, however.

10. asus_fan

asus_fan Newbie

Reputations:
    I was trying to find more information about this announcement ... do you have a link of some sort for this ??

Also, what you think about pricing of the current models once Intel core duo's hit the market.

I want to buy a laptop but should I wait a month ??? dual core on 65nm will probably be freaking cool :asus: