Aspire V7-482PG-9884

Discussion in 'Acer' started by cernio, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utterbutter

utterbutter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi to all who play battlefield 4: What is your fps when in the middle of a firefight? Mine constantly dips to 30fps. It used to work fine even in 1080p but with all settings to low. I find that after hitting my laptop to the right of the touchpad it caused my games to be laggy :(. I was trying to kill a mosquito which landed on my laptop lol.

2. kcatetra

kcatetra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all, so i just wanted to share my experience with Acer Support in case anyone has similar issues. So i have the V7 with a 24GB Cache and 500GB and i5-4200U. I installed a Samsung Evo 256GB SSD immediately i got it sometime last year. Anyway, i spilled coffee and orange juice on my keyboard while studying and also dropped my laptop once in class. The drop cracked my lower plastic case but luckily my screen was okay. Eventually, the spill made my keyboard act up and buttons were being frenzied as the computer booted up. I had talked to Acer Support and they said it would cost me $260 to repair the laptop if it was found to be my fault or it had hardware faults from the user. I lied (not proud lol) that i had cracked the case in a bid to back up my data by trying to get to my harddrive before sending the computer to them in Texas. They bought the lie and billed me just $30 (before tax) for the repair of the under case. They also didnt find any evidence of a spill on my keyboard and as such changed my keyboard and trackpad from a Synaptics variant to an Elantech one. The total turn around time for them to repair the laptop was about 2 days (excluding shipping and phone calls lying about how my case got damaged lol). I am quite impressed and i got a keyboard transparent cover from eBay for about $4 as my warranty is gonna expire in October lol. Anyway i hope this helps someone as Acer is kinda liberal with their spill policy it seems

3. Dr.Gaga

Dr.Gaga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello.

Can some people that have this notebook some longer time write some points? I still cannot decide and I feel that all of the notebooks are somehow crappy. (I don't have 2000$...)

How is the notebook after longer time of use? (I mean after a year or so...)
    Any issues?
    Is it reliable?
    How is the wear of the notebook?
    How is the keyboard and touchpad?
    Have you used to the shallow keyboard?
    How is the battery life?
    Is it something else about the notebook that is an issue?

Thank you

Bohumir

4. kcatetra

kcatetra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How is the notebook after longer time of use? (I mean after a year or so...) - Ive had mine for 10 months plus...its holding out perfectly.
    Any issues? No Issues watsoever. Touchpad has little to no wear, touchscreen is as responsive as ever.
    Is it reliable? Very reliable
    How is the wear of the notebook? Only wear i have is on the underside and a lil chipping on the side on the screen bezel. nothing extraordinary or evident.
    How is the keyboard and touchpad? Keyboard has a lil flex touchpad is not the best but they work as they shud i guess
    Have you used to the shallow keyboard? I dont understand but i guess with time, u can get used to the keyboard in about 1month
    How is the battery life? Battery life is stellar!! after a year windows 8.1 still runs on battery for about 4-7 Hrs depending on what exactly u are doing and the brightness of the screen.
    Is it something else about the notebook that is an issue? Well its slim body tends to heat up when u use graphical intensive applications, i counter this with a Cooling Pad from Cooler Master. Keeps things ice cold

5. G-Force

G-Force Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The V5 has been refreshed with GTX 850M graphics recently, are there any signs of a 2014 refresh for the V7-482PG (with GTX 850M)?

With an i7 and 850M this notebook should be faster than a Lenovo Y40.

6. zgintasz

zgintasz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    where did you get that info? What is the model?

7. G-Force

Reputations:
    V5-573G. I don't know about the US market but the refreshed i7 is available here in The Netherlands. The i5 will be available later this month.

8. zgintasz

zgintasz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Interesting, because I googled "V5-573G gtx" and couldn't find anything.

9. SCARed

SCARed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Notebooks mit Hersteller: Acer, Display-Größe ab 15", Display-Größe bis 16.9", GPU-Serie: GeForce GTX 8 Preisvergleich | Geizhals Deutschland

there you go. I am courious, if the release a V5 with the i7 and without the OS as well. plus with a HDD instead of the overpriced SSD. für roughly 800€, this would be very sweet. though I don't know, if the i7 does better in games at all. I heard of thermal problems which enforce some very slight throtteling for the predecessors.

I play a lot of WOrld of Tanks and this game is VERY hungry for CPU-performance.

10. G-Force

Reputations:
    I don't think there is a huge difference between the 4210u and 4510u.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.