Aspire V7-482PG-9884

Discussion in 'Acer' started by cernio, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helps

helps Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have V7 582P but I guess it's same. Anyway smudges seemed to be from my fingerprints but now I can't see any so it's probably just my eyes being tired.
    Another question - can you pick your own picture for 'welcome screen'? I mean the screen that appears when you turn on laptop or when you wake it up from the sleep. When I click on it it takes me to 'password log in' .

2. Mad Maniak

Mad Maniak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Could someone help me please?
    I have an Acer 573G. The main issue I have with it is the sound the right fan produces. It is audible in quiet rooms. This is a recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yArUwhWbo7E

My question is: does your V7-482PG produce the same sound? (Specifically, coming from the right fan.)
    It seems that all 573Gs have the problem, and if the V482PG does not I'll exchange my 573G for that!

Thanks in advance for your response.
    MM

3. choffan

choffan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My 573G worked flawlessly (before the lcd decided otherwise)

4. choffan

choffan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hi guys

I'm seeking an euro seller for this laptop but until now, absolute no chance besides tons of czech republic vendors that apparently don't ship inside europe. Please note that I'm looking after the i7 version of this laptop.

5. helps

Reputations:
    What's your favorite apps for your V7?

6. helps

Reputations:
    Need help guys - Windows store seems not to be working. I can't get apps downloaded. It's pending but it doesn't finish download. What should I do?

7. choffan

choffan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  8. helps

Reputations:
    So they gonna ship it for you to Italy? That's great, congrats!

9. helps

Reputations:
    Need your help guys - I remember someone mentioned you can adjust setting of your touchpad. TBH I'm not too happy about touchpad on V7. It's the only complaint I have about the machine, but I think it'd be better if I could disable multitouch gestures on touchpad. Or am I the only one who finds it hard to use and almost impossible to scroll with?

10. tchen510

tchen510 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, I have the V7-482PG 6662 and while watching TV the screen suddenly went black. I plugged in a HDMI cable and the external display works still which means something is wrong with the screen. The touchscreen works and if I shine a bright light on the screen, I can see that the display is working still although very very dimly. (It looks the same as if you press the function key and F6 to turn of the display.) My googling leads me to believe that this is likely the inverter or possibly the screen position sensor.

I opened it up this morning and didn't see anything that looked like what the images of laptop inverters are. Going into the screen is the lcd cable and what appears to be a posative and negative cable coming from the wifi module. I'm guessing that that means the inverter is in the screen. How would I go about ordering a replacement screen?

EDIT: It appears that the screen uses a LED back light which does not have an inverted. i was able to get the plastic most of the way off the back of the screen but the bottom corners were stuck. I'll try tomorrow and see if perhaps a cable came loose. I was able to get a model number for the screen (B140HAN01.1) in case anyone else is interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.