Aspire V3-572G

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Icydius, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfire

nfire Newbie

Reputations:
    SSD instead of the old hard drive, the hard drive instead of the DVD drive. DVD drive just put in a box. The last time I take in hands disks is 3-4 years ago.
    But you can make a portable dvd drive by buying such a thing - External USB Case Enclosure for Laptop 9 5mm SATA CD DVD Burner Optical Drive | eBay

2. lakondas

lakondas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

The 14" version (V3-472G) of this model is on the way to me, and like others my first thing to do will be poppin my SSD in, and put the HDD in a ODD caddy. Also thinking about maxing the RAM, but thats a bit expensive now.

Could somebody tell me if the ODD is connected thru SATAII or SATAIII? possibly some speed benchmarks?
    Also I could not find any information about the chipset being used in the laptop. Is it the HM86, or the newer HM87, an anybody check this for me?

And last, maybe somebody could check what features are available of the CPU to mangle withThrottlestop?

3. ellalan

ellalan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This model has no ODD, the CPU is new and support will be added to Throttlestop at a latter date, I think.

4. lakondas

Reputations:
    I really appreciate the intend to help, but Your information is all wrong. The model has ODD, and TS7b2 already supports intel Haswell.

I'm very interested in the chipset type, bc if it has native RAID support (the HM86 does not, the 87 has), and the ODD is SATAIII, i'll be definately try a striped RAID with 2 SSD-s

5. ellalan

ellalan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, I agree but Haswell covers a veriety of CPUs and please read post 2190 from here http://forum.notebookreview.com/har...t-upgrades/531329-throttlestop-guide-219.html
    I couldn't find the information regarding ODD, Acer says no ODD in this model:
    Acer | Aspire V | Aspire V3-472G-59XN | Datasheet

6. lakondas

Reputations:
    No offense, but please bear in mind that not everybody on the internet is dilettant.

I never asked a question like "Is there an ODD ...". The question i've asked is the connector type of the ODD. Besides, that question is regarding the modell this thread is about (V3-572G), the model I've ordered also has ODD and if i was not 100% sure about this i haven't confirm on this the 2nd time. And if You'd took a closer look at the model You've linked, that also can be configured with ODD because the slot is visible.

The same regarding TS. I did not ask a question "Does TS support this CPU...." because besides it is off topic here, i know it does support. That question is also regarding the modell this thread is about (V3-572G) , and i'd like to hear some experiences because there are at least 2 guys in this thread who could possibly post some screenshots , and logs.

7. nfire

nfire Newbie

Reputations:
    SATAIII.
    AIDA64 report:

Attached Files:

8. lakondas

Reputations:
    Thanks!

These news are very very good. It uses the Intel Lynx Point LP chipset, which shoud have RAID support but i'm not sure for now, have to do some research.

As i can see, the card reader is connected via PCI-E. That means, it's possibly not capped at 20mb/s R/W speeds,

Very good news :)

EDIT: Indeed, Lynx Point-LP has native RAID support. That means there is possibility to have some crazy disk I/O rates :D

9. ellalan

ellalan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Until you tell us how much you know, I have to assume you know nothing, no offence, OK.

10. lakondas

Reputations:
    Sorry if I sounded like an AH but yesterday was not a good day for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.