Aspire 7720G major upgrade

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ttomorad, Jul 17, 2010.

1. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep :0) Place for both, no problem.
    The only annoying thing, you need to disassemble the top cover (remove keyboard, etc...) to put bluetooth module. There's a small white connector directly on the motherboard to plug it.

You need SR71-E (Mini Pci-e) not SR71-15 :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202653804871

Specs : http://site.microcom.us/sr71_e_ds.pdf

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. eatmydust

eatmydust Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @DoZe Looks like the link for the 4.1 Blackedition is dead. Could you please update that?

I tried to search as 7720G blackedition 4.1 but error comes up.

3. eatmydust

eatmydust Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Below is the error I get when trying to install driver. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    9600M GT 1,024MB DDR2

Attached Files:

4. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is the latest available and modded Bios for 7720G, flashtools included.
    You need to create a bootable USBkey, of course.

Attached Files:

5. Tarkonte

Tarkonte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Back again to RAM expansion.
    In many forums several users reported either 2x4GB either 4+2 GB configuration supported by PM965, using one or two 4GB SODIMM DDR2 @400MHz modules.
    Before buying anything I would like to be quite sure to not throw out money...
    Could anyone give me a hint about that?
    Thanks in advance.

6. Tarkonte

Tarkonte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all!
    New problems on my 7720G...
    1. I don'know when and why, but system with windows10-64 doesn't find any BT module. I never used it before, so I can't say if the problem was born after the WiFi card swap or with W10 installation. A system scan doesn't find any trace of the module and, yes, it has been enabled in BIOS settings.
    2. Hot buttons do not operate in any way. I've tried to install hot button software but it's impossible because it isn't recognized by Windows 10. So BT activation button it's not functioning.
    3. Subwoofer is not active. No way to activate it. Original drivers cannot be loaded in any way (obviously!)
    4. After the WiFi card upgrade (from standard 3945abg to present N-6205 abgn) system has a strange behaviour. Hibernate is active, system goes correctly sleeping but, at the restart, the Hibernate state is not reloaded. After a few seconds in booting, system hangs before activating wifi. Reset (ctrl-alt-canc) is needed in order to reboot system, and hibernation data are lost. Same at normal boot after power off. System hangs in boot process just before wifi activation, before the orange led is lighting. Again, a normal ctrl+alt+canc resolves and boots system again. In order to make things more complicated, I've noted two other weird things:
    • If system restarts after a Windows upgrade, there is no need to restart.
    • If system restarts after a low battery event and consequent forced power off, the reboot doesn't hang neither recovers from hibernation.
    My system is a 7720G with Bios 1.45 Black Edition.
    Speccy reports:
    • Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10GHz
    • RAM 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 (5-5-5-15)
    • Motherboard Acer Poyang (uPGA-478)
    • Graphics 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
    • Generic PnP Monitor (1440x900@60Hz)
    • HD1 223GB KINGSTON SA400S37240G (SSD)
    • HD2 232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500BEVS-22UST0 (SATA)
    • Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVRKD08RS ATA Device
    • Audio Dispositivo High Definition Audio + NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    Any suggestion in order to make my system function again will be appreciated a lot.
    Thanks in advance.