Aspire 7720G major upgrade

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ttomorad, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Tarkonte

Tarkonte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I've found on the Internet and I'm trying to manage the problem. Unfortunately my WiFi infrastructure (Fritz!Box 7590 and Fritz!Repeater 450E in Mesh arrangement) seems to limit the choice to only 20MHz channel in 2.4Ghz Channel mode. I'll check in other specific forums for this.
    Nice suggestion! Thank you!

I apologize for my error. The adapter effectiverly is an Intel 5300N ..guess it functions... I'll check if I'll find the system that it has been tidied up so well that... I don't find it nowhere... :(
    Probably it worths to buy a used 6200N adapter @15€ including shipping, if supported..

Anything about the compatibility for T9600 CPU? I red something about that CPU that has a different FSB (1066 MHz vs 800 MHz) and I'm quite sure it isn't supported by the chipset (PM965).

2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Fritz!Box 7590 works on 5GHz band as well as on 2.4GHz and so does Intel 5300 so you should consider using Intel 5300 and switching to 5GHz band - that would solve a couple of problems - congestion and 20MHz channels at once.

As for T9600 it won't work.

3. Tarkonte

Reputations:
    I apologize to bother you with these repeated Q&A, but I've found a very expert guy... thank you!
    You've clearly explained how Intel 5300 resolves my problems, Now the last - I hope - question:
    as far as you know, which is the most advanced type of network adapter supported by 7720G?
    I would like to evaluate if spending some tens of € to purchase an used but newer adapter is a valid alternative in order to get my system more usable and responsive ...

Unfortunately I was pretty sure of that... :(

Thanks again.
    Anicio AKA Tarkonte

4. downloads

Reputations:
    @Tarkonte The most advanced would be Intel AC 7260 but you have to pay attention to two things - one is that you don't buy N 7260, the second one is that AC 7260 is available as both mini-pci express and M.2 and you need mini pci express one - like this one.

That card not only works on 5GHz band but also supports 802.11ac wave 1. I'm not sure that you will need that but that's your best bet.

5. Tarkonte

Reputations:
    @downloads No, probably it doesn't worth, unless I'll find it from other scrapped laptops at my company's mantainer at 0 cost.
    Otherwise I will settle for Intel 5300...
    Tnx again

6. downloads

Reputations:
    No problem. :)

7. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi :0)

I Don't remember why, but i have T9500 processor and PC2-6400, and as i know the memory only run @ 333mhz ?

FSB/DRAM : 3:5

How can i obtain 1:1 ?

Regards.

8. darnok44

darnok44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can't cos PM965 chipset used in this laptop support only up to 667MHz RAM.

9. Tarkonte

Reputations:
    Update: I've just got a N6205 WiFi adapter.
    According with Intel specs, it should be a 2x2 MiMo N300/AC adapter capable of up to 300 Mbps connect speed either in 2.4 and in 5 GHz bands.
    I'm wondering if I could substitute present AR5B95 with this one and if it does worth...