Aspire 5720g vs Nvidia Geforce 9600m GT 512mb DDR3

Discussion in 'Acer' started by N1k06, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    download - filecloud.io

This should fix it.

(I see you got the elusive rev. C1 DDR3 card.)

BTW, here is a short tutorial for fixing black screen errors:
    1. Save your VBIOS.
    2. Open the saved VBIOS using NiBiTor.
    3. Go to Tools -> Perf table entries -> Show entries.
    4. In the 2nd row of the first entry, search for a byte with the value "01", for which the corresponding byte in all other entries is "10". Change this byte to "10" as well.

This might need a little illustration, so here it is:
    nibitor.png

5. Click "Apply", then "Abort" (this is a bug in NiBiTor - clicking Apply doesn't close the window, Abort does).
    6. Save the modified VBIOS.
    7. Flash and enjoy.

2. csabessz93

csabessz93 Newbie

Reputations:

Man, You are awesome. Thanks!

awesome.gif

and yes, rev. c1 is cool.. :)

3. mdmalt

mdmalt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello friends :). My GPU heats up in games to 89 C°. In a computer idle time, its temperature of 50-60 C°. CPU T7500 . This normal??? :confused:

4. .NetRolller 3D

Reputations:
    If it's a rev. A1 9600M GT, then 89°C is normal. If it's rev. C1, then you likely have a cooling problem.

5. maras_tiger

maras_tiger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok now You talking ;) so is it? whatever that i have 96ddr2?? I think i can do the same way as (Chris)as You did it here...? Before i did some modifications in -> Perf table entries -> i`ve copy "Perf table entries 4" and paste to "Perf table entries 2 and 3" for full performance but this is quite annoing becouse now i have full perf. in normal mode when i need lower performance. Is it possile to have Full.perf .clocks only in 3D mode - games, and medium performance clocks in idle- when i do office job or useing internet...?? also Nvidia System Tools 6.08 cant save manual clocks settings sometimes nvpanel stops working.

Big thanks.

6. .NetRolller 3D

Reputations:
    Please undo the perf table entry copying before applying the correct fix.

And yes, you will need the modded SBIOS to use all 4 power states. No, the modded SBIOS is not the reason why you are getting lockups / black screens, it's a driver bug that affects even some Acer 6935G machines that came with a 9600M GT out-of-the-box and have never been upgraded in any way. My fix is a workaround for this driver bug.
    (I'm still gathering information about the bug before I report it to Nvidia, to see if it really occurs on "legitimate" 9600M GT systems as well.)

7. maras_tiger

Reputations:
    I have Ur modded SBIOS alredy flashed i wrote about it before it`s for 5520G u did modified. So now i will do Your FIX from this post on Unmodified VBIOS(default)i`ve downloaded from TechPowerUP and will write results.
    [double check is everythink correct i iam writing with You?]
    Witch driver ver. should I install then now(more or less)now I have nvidia 302.92 2012-07-08 Windows 7/Vista 32bit from laptopVideo2go modifed.Working on Heroes VI and Sims 3(;p iam not playing my girl does). Maybe U remember that the older driver is better for 9600m GT 1024ddr2??? Thank You for replies.

8. .NetRolller 3D

Reputations:
    The older driver is not better - with the fixed VBIOS, always use the latest driver available.

9. maras_tiger

Reputations:
    I have nottice i hear sometimes weard sound from the VCARD its like "click" orr "cyk" very short sound not middle loud its hearable at start after bios ant during windows.?? Do You know what could itr be?( i didnt fix yet)...

10. maras_tiger

Reputations:
    Bez tytułu.png @ .NetRolller 3D
    Hey look at the pic . the Tabel Entries for "DDR2ver." looks diffrent that for ddr3ver. already have `10` in there could u download bios from VGA Bios Collection: Acer 9600M GT 1024 MB | techPowerUp and make patch for me.???? and before copying table 4 to 2&3 did not run full perf. Wainting for answer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.