Aspire 5315 CPU Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bigozone, May 20, 2008.

1. mts915

mts915 Newbie

Reputations:
    Posted by: who can check?

My GL960 and 5 GB of memory:
    ZY
    I tried to encroach on 6. I did not overcome. 4 + 2 - black screen. 2 + 4 - the laptop starts up, you can go into the BIOS, but the installed Win7_64 hangs up and does not boot. The Win7 installer freezes on the "Starting Windows" screen. What is interesting, but if you install Vin7_32 with less memory, and then add up to 6 GB, then the system boots and works normally. AIDA64 shows all 6 gig, but Windows uses, of course, only 3. Matter of course, left 5 and set Vin7_64

http://acerfans.ru/forum/topic_1707/209[/QUOTE]
    In the first slot 1, in the second - 4. On the contrary, does not want a black screen.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2018
  2. hoggie

hoggie old boy

Reputations:
    In the first slot 1, in the second - 4. On the contrary, does not want a black screen.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    I will have too get back in the game on here... popped in to see if any of the old team was still about.. give me a couple days to get going again :)

3. Epictrolloleante

Epictrolloleante Newbie

Reputations:
    I had an Acer Aspire 5320 ,and i upgraded its Celeron m530 to a C2D T8300 but i couldn't Enable VT with stock the BIOS.
    So i had to use a mod BIOS to enable it with the following steps:
    1.-Download last version of the official BIOS (V1.45 ) from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support
    2.-After that unzip the file BIOS_V1.45.ZIP and then run BIOS_V1.45.exe, it will uncompress the files of the .exe
    3.-Replace the file "CL50145A.fd" ,with the file "icl50_1.45_black_edition_40.fd" from this link https://mega.nz/#F!iJ5FwAoR!PqYOcbC_r9dciJ5sut6AfA
    4.-Then, execute InsydeFlash.exe as Administrator and flash the BIOS.

The original post said the bios may be compatible with the Aspire 5315, Aspire 5320, Aspire 5715Z, Aspire 5720, Aspire 7320, eMachines E510 but I'm not sure if works with all those laptops, i just flashed it on my aspire 5320.

Do it by your own risk ,Im not responsible if you damage your Laptop, but at least that worked for my Aspire 5320..

I hope this can help you guys

4. bizzybody

bizzybody Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Didn't Acer's Europe site have version 1.49 for the BIOS? I know when I had my 5315 and upgraded it to a Core 2 Duo I found a newer BIOS on the EU site.

5. Epictrolloleante

Epictrolloleante Newbie

Reputations:
    I guess not, i couldnt find anything about that version of the bios.