Aspire 5315 CPU Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bigozone, May 20, 2008.

1. cid5315

cid5315 Newbie

Reputations:
    False alarm!!
    Now it works fine.
    Bad connection :p

Now a have the t7700 in the aspire 5315-2228. Bios v1.35 Running linux crunchbang, 30 sec from boot to desktop enviroment.

Thanks all, i read ALL the topic.

Saludos desde Argentina.

2. fyzz08

fyzz08 Newbie

Reputations:
    I think bios v1.35 has some cooling issues. You should upgrade it to v1.45 from europe site, for example Italy has it. Spain and Portugal might have it too id that's closer to your language.
    T7700 has a Merom core as my T7500 so some extra heat (+10°C) than the newer cpu based on Penryn is normal...

I would upgrade the bios then check the cooler if it's clean... if you still reach high temperatures check thermal paste on the cpu.

3. NickKas

NickKas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I upgraded my Aspire 5315 and changed from celeron to Pentium T4500 but since then I have issues with the OS.
    I cant install neither Windows 7 nor ubuntu 14.04 (the latest version).
    Have you got any idea what is going on?Is the CPU faulty?

4. bizzybody

bizzybody Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did you get the last BIOS update from the Europe Acer site? Acer | Download Search there for Aspire 5315 then get the BIOS 1.45

5. NickKas

Reputations:
    The first thing I did when I started upgrading (because of V1.45 the laptop is able handling 3 gigs of ram)

6. LaserB3ak

LaserB3ak Newbie

Reputations:
    I too am intereted in the outcome of this, the Pentium T4200 is on the compatible list for our Aspire 5315 (see p115, post #1149) ... has that been confirmed? If so why does the T4500 present issues especially with windows 7?
    has anyone got the T4500 working perfectly?

I can get my hands on two t4500s for pretty cheap, but dont want waste my time if they wont work!

7. NickKas

Reputations:
    Hey!In the past I tried to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS but I couldn't.Hopefully yesterday I manages to install it!Now I run Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bits and it is very good!The tricky thing was an option during the installation.From what I have seen until now T4500 is very "special".It worked with Vista,I couldn't get it work with Win7 and I managed to fix the problem in Ubuntu.
    It is very confusing but I guess it works!
    :p

8. aekvulture

aekvulture Newbie

Reputations:
    What kind of LCD is it? I also want to afford such, but it is unclear what kind of resolution should be (1920x1200 or 1600x1200). On Ebay a lot of different 15.4 LCD's with 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 res (dell, sharp, samsung, etc..) and it is unclear exactly what will come up.

9. Anderaz

Anderaz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody, just wanted to ask a question... I've got an eMachines E510 which is like a stripped down version of the Aspire 5315. The fact is: I've upgraded from a Celeron M560 to a C2D T7100, which I've been using for two years now. Today I've installed a C2D T6600 and almost everything works fine, except the fact that I think my laptop doesn't recognize the right temperature.

During this time of the year my T7100 reached 40-45 C surfing the internet and listening to some music. Now with the T6600 HWmonitor and Spaccy say that I'm reaching 50-55 C. But touching the laptop I feel that this reading is wrong, everything is cooler than before (with the T7100), and in fact RMclock reads a temperature between 34 and 39 C. Only problem in this is that I can hear the fan working accordingly to the higher readings. And this happens both inside Windows 7 and while navigating the BIOS menu.

I've already got the latest BIOS version (1.45), do you guys have any suggestion? Thank you! :)

EDIT: Aida64 stays in the middle: Speccy/HWM 54; RMClock 37; Aida 45 :confused:

10. sturmi666

sturmi666 Newbie

Reputations: