Aspire 5315 CPU Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bigozone, May 20, 2008.

1. ///

/// Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. registrofrv

registrofrv Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello , i sucessfully upgrade my Acer 5315 -2844 with CELERON DUAL CORE T1400 1,73 ghz x2 , the motherboard socket is CREAM COLOR OR BEIGE... well..

The new processor is a Intel CORE 2 Duo T5900 2.20 ghz x2 with speedstep and others instructions.

Now the battery life is 2 hours, and with the Celeron T1400 without Speedstep 1 hour 30 minutes.

Is not a good gain if battery life :(

In power... i cant see much changes, the T1400 is a good option .

The T5900 is powerful but in common uses i cant see any changes.

Greetings

I gain this things :

3. ///

/// Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A 33% gain in battery run time is not good?

4. registrofrv

registrofrv Newbie

Reputations:
    This depends of the Scale or unit of measurement (Sorry for my English) In percent yes.. in Time maybe,
    I thought gain more time on battery, like 2 hours 30 minutes, i read on some forums a guy who obtain 4 hurs... but maybe a joke...

If you do maths, the celeron is running at 100% constant, and lasts 1 ½ hours (FULL POWER )

And the T5900 works at 700 mhz each core vs 1700 mhz on T1400, its a big difference but, 30 minutes.....

Well i should try only work without Internet wifi and ethernet no games , no movies , maybe the battery gain much more time.

5. Hitsugaya_KK

Hitsugaya_KK Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop which has both the ram and CPU upgraded. I upgraded the ram to 2gb and upgraded the cpu form an Intel celeron processor 540 1.86GHz to an Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7250 2.00GHz. At the moment it reaches a clock rate of 2.0GHz maximum, I need to know why my CPU can't get any higher than that since it has 2 processors 0_0.

I have a friend who has a core 2 duo processor @ 1.5ghz and it reaches 2.79GHz :(.

6. killerrabbit775

killerrabbit775 Newbie

Reputations:
    In my Acer i have upgraded my ram to 3 Gb and i want to upgrade my processor now. I have an intel celeron processor 540 1.86GHz. What would be a good CPU to buy?

7. Hitsugaya_KK

Hitsugaya_KK Newbie

Reputations:
    well I suggest you read from the beginning of this thread to know what options you have. I think the processors people would consider are in the T5XXX series and T7XXX series. or maybe the T2500

8. holyandrei

holyandrei Newbie

Reputations:
    hello i have an aspire 5315 to...and i found a T5500 very cheap: 25 bucks! but i am not sure if that type it is compatible!

9. horobi

horobi Newbie

Reputations:
    I'd just like to say many thanks for all the useful information in this post.

Just popped a T7300 (£36 from ebay) in my 5315, took 10 mins and no problems at all.

Flys along now (used to be a 2ghz celeron 550) like a new laptop at a fraction of the price.

Thanks again, and to anyone with doubts......... do it!

Horobi

10. killerrabbit775

killerrabbit775 Newbie

Reputations:
    I was wondering if i could put a T8300 in my Aspire 4315. I'm running windows vista 32 bit and I've put 3 gigs or ram in already. I just want to know for sure.