Aspire 5315 CPU Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bigozone, May 20, 2008.

1. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's made for Vista(at least that is what Acer say but putting it under the "Vista" section) but it does work under XP aswell. I've updated under both Vista & XP....
    I guess if Acer claim it's a Vista update it will be better to upgrade under Vista. Make sure your OS is stable(if you experience random crashes for no reason then DON'T attempt a BIOS update as your computer might crash in the middle of the updating process), fresh restart your computer then close all open programs like IMs, browsers, antivirus, firewalls etc......

2. rolsanchez213

rolsanchez213 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ATG could I update my bios under windows 7 and if I can witch version do I Choose to update it with?

3. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I guess you could but personally, I wouldn't update my BIOS under a beta OS which might crash unexpectedly for whatever reason. As for the version - choose the latest one, 1.43 or 1.45, can't remember which one was it.

4. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Now that Windows 7 final is actually out (build 7600.16385 is the RTM - avoid 7600.16384), does the 4GB issue still persist with Windows 7 x64?

5. registrofrv

registrofrv Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys , first sorry for my English, well in a few days i will try to upgrade my processor.

My system is ACER ASPIRE 5315-2844 with Bios (1.44) (rare because is not in ACER website)

My system is motherboard ACADIA with now 3 GB of ram , when i put 4GB the system hangs after one or two minutes :( .

Well my Acer has a Intel Celeron Dual Core T1400 , a friend of mine has a LG notebook with similar characteristics and Core 2 duo 7100 , my friend is a programmer , He says that my notebook has good Speed
    here in Argentina could buy an Intel T5900, 2.10 GHz x2 cores.

My doubts are that the seller assures that T5900 works perfect on my Acer notebook.

Another question is that I can not enable or to make an underclocking for battery life, Now i ran my system for 1 hour 30 minutes with T1400 (1,73 ghz x2) .

Now the real thing :
    1-It is desirable to change the T1400 for a t5900?

2-I will not play video games on this machine that the video card is bad.

3-How much difference when changing the processor to enable SpeedStep in the life of the battery? now lasts 1:30 hours,
    and with a new processor with speed step? how long?

4-The t5900 will it cost USS 100 in Argentina, one 1 dollar now worth 3.86 Argentine pesos, and costs 150 USS t8100, is a lot of money for me, so I want to see that change is warranted.

Thanks to everyone for the help those who have made the switch processor.

6. registrofrv

registrofrv Newbie

Reputations:
    the socket is cream colored or clear, what you mean? which supports the socket cream?

7. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    We are not deaf. Have some patience.

- The socket color doesn't matter.
    - Aspire 5315 does NOT support 4GB of RAM.

1. It depends. Do you find your laptop to be slow? If you need some more speed(CPU intensive tasks) yeah, get that T5900, it should work.
    2. The videocard is not upgradeble.
    3. Well...it depends. That T1400 is actually a Celeron right? In that case if you install T5900 it should give you better battery life.. By how much? No one could tell you exactly.
    Bottom line no matter what C2D CPU you'll choose you should achieve better battery life, especially if you do some undervolting... Check the undervolting guide for more info.

By the way please do not post in language other than English or if you do please provide a proper translation.

8. registrofrv

registrofrv Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks ATG, sorry for the Spanish, not available to find and buy processors for notebooks in Argentina that's why my despair.

Yes my T1400 is a Dual Core Celeron 1,73 Ghz x2 ,

Performance gain with a T5900? instead T1400?

Thanks a LOt!!!

9. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Performance gain...there should be some but it really DEPENDS on what programs you are running.

10. registrofrv

registrofrv Newbie

Reputations:
    Well i buy it now... then i post my CPU upgrade on my ACER ASPIRE 5315-2844 with Cream color socket.

Greetings