Aspire 5315 CPU Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bigozone, May 20, 2008.

1. wotsthestory

wotsthestory Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ignore me, saw the post at the top, it is supported. Best I can suggest is install the old CPU and flash again!

2. chipper13101

chipper13101 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. First post here. Just want to pass on my appreciation to bigozone and others who brought my 5315 back from the brink. I have upgraded hard drive, 3gb of ram and a T5550. I noticed that after flashing the bios to 1.43, the fan was very aggressive and loud, and I was sure the fan was quite silent with the old bios. So I reflashed to the old bios 1.27, yes with the new cpu and ram, and voila! now nice and quiet once again. CPU core steady at 48 deg. So if fan noise is getting to you, give the 1.27 bios a try, at your own risk of course. It's working great in mine. I realize this may not be possible for those of you with the t9xxxx chips. cheers!

3. rolsanchez213

rolsanchez213 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me recover my bios by giving me the right recovery disk. I tried the FN thing and it detects my flash drive (I know because it blinks) but it doesn't do anything, the fan just keeps spinning and I let it sit there for an hour and still nothing, also Please don't give me the one that is on the other thread because I already tried it. [/B]HUGE THANKS to anyone who could help me, I really need this computer to work again.

4. rolsanchez213

rolsanchez213 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ignore my previous post I fixed it.

5. harlock59

harlock59 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    if you click on the link page 1 of this thread, you'll see that t9500 is supported.

but i still need a bios flashing tutorial
    since i didn't succeed with insyde winflash

6. harlock59

Reputations:
    hello,
    i've succeeded upgrading my bios to v1.33 as adviced.
    i used the winflash utility and closed with the task manager the explorer and all the apps i could, it seemed bugging but succeeded. i'm running windows 7 beta.

7. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    For the record it's a REALLY BAD IDEA to run a BIOS flash - designed for another operating system - on a new operating system in BETA state.

8. harlock59

Reputations:
    after the bios upgrade success to v1.33, i've reput the t9500 cpu but the pc doesn't show the acer boot screen, black screen nothing displays.
    i guess that to reinstall vista, i need to get the acer boot menu, isn't it ?

9. harlock59

Reputations:
    ok, didn't know that.
    but with the old cpu celeron m 530, the pc boots, and in the setup it says 1.33.

are you sure it won't work at all ?

windows 7 boots with the celeron.

10. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If when the laptop boot it says 1.33 then you updated successfully.

What I meant is that you shouldn't have started the update in the first place because it's very dangerous. You don't know what may happen when you start to update your BIOS - made for Vista - on a new operating system in BETA state which means it's far from stable. You actually don't know if the updater will work as it should and you could've ended up with a dead laptop.
    This time you got lucky and you've succeeded but I suggest you never do that again:)