ASPIRE 5315 BIOS RECOVERY using a USB THUMBDRIVE

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bigozone, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anvin_007

anvin_007 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am having a problem with my out of warranty Acer Aspire One 532h. It was working fine but I wanted to reinstall Windows. So in order to boot through USB, I tried to access BIOS but when I pressed on boot, it could not enter BIOS. So, I thought of updating my BIOS and through the support site I download the latest BIOS update and ran it on Windows.

When the netbook restarted, it got stuck on black screen with solid cursor and does not enter BIOS or goes beyond it. I researched on the web and tried to do BIOS recovery step by by extracting the .ZIP from the support site and renamed .fd fileto zg5ia32.fd. Copied the zg5ia32.fd and Fla.exe files to USB flash drive.Turned off the netbook and connected the power cable. Plugged the USB stick in and press and HOLD down the FN and ESC together and then pressed the power button. When I released my finger from power button, and then released FN and ESC after few seconds but the power light did not blink as it should.
    I am still stuck with black screen on starting my netbook with a solid cursor (like underscore) siting there forever..

Here is the page from BIOS update can be downloaded. Which one I am supposed to download?
    http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

2. AquaApeman

AquaApeman Newbie

Reputations:
    I was getting this error repeatedly too, [ubuntu] Acer Aspire 5315 - Page 3 using the instructions on this page I was able to upgrade to v1.43

3. bigozone

bigozone JellyRoll touring now

Reputations:
    anyone wondering about the image.fd file,,, it's the ?????.FD file included in the dos flasher if Acer is even still putting that up publicly.

man how i miss that password to the acer tech site now that it's been changed.

bigO

4. edin84

edin84 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    i have black screen on Aspire 5315. Change HD, procesor..work fine few days..and now its black screen.
    Fan its spin, LED od power alwayes on. DVD LED working. ONe of 3 LED in top rights side its blinkg when i stared comp.
    I try fleshing bios with CD and USB stick 512 MB 'fat formating and i dont solve this problem.
    who files i must to copy on cd or usb.
    bios.jpg

5. lukasz81

lukasz81 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,
    I have Aspire 5315 with windows XP and today i made BIOS update from V1.14 to V1.45. Progress bar goes to the end and after that computer was automatically switched off.
    When i switched on, windows is loading about two seconds and after that i have blue screen (windows error) and computer restart. In BIOS i had information about BIOS V1.45. I made operation from first post of this thread with ICL50HW.fd file on USB and now i have BIOS V1.11 but unfortunatelly it doesn't help. Still i have blue screeen and computer restart after 2 seconds windows loading.

Any suggestions?

6. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you get past the BIOS POST and get a Windows blue screen than the BIOS is fine. Don't attempt to recover it, there is no need. Focus your energy on Windows itself - try safe mode of if all else fails reinstall it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.