Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Heihachi_1337

Heihachi_1337 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can certainly contact our sales reps and request a different SSD as well. The actual Sager facility only deals in Intel SSDs but that doesn't mean we can't install a different offered on our site if the customer chooses to do so.

2. micahmatthew

micahmatthew Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Have any of the resellers tested the 7970m in the P150EM yet? If so does it work well? Does Enduro work; the new battery conservation feature. Maybe we won't be able to see if it works until a new driver update from AMD? Is it driver/software based or do we need the mobo/hardware to support Enduro? If so that would be a really bad move on AMD's part.

3. E.Blar

E.Blar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Enduro and optimus are actually the same thing, just given different names. Nobody has any 7970m ES parts yet, but Mythlogic is going to test everything once it gets one (including HM compatibility).

4. micahmatthew

micahmatthew Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    One is from AMD and one is from Nvidia, I think Enduro is driver/software based for the most part and just powers down to 1W when not in use while optimus completely turns off the card w/ hardware.

5. E.Blar

E.Blar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's a different thing, Enduro and optimus are the same thing.

6. Supranium

Supranium Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When will W150´s come with GT650M/660M?

7. Heihachi_1337

Heihachi_1337 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, same in concept but different in mechanics of how each approaches saving power. :)

8. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Myth has a 7970M and have been testing it. They said the only issues they're having are with the software side of it, that's about all they would tell me though. It sounded like they got everything working, but they didn't want to comment on gfx switching or battery life until they had legit drivers

The W150ER's currently have the 650M.. Check out your favorite reseller's site

9. tony487

tony487 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can any reseller (I am leaning towards Malibal, XoticPC or Mythlogic (being a Michigan native)) inform me about Bluetooth?

Some of the network cards have BT built in, others do not (specifically the Intel 6300 Ultimate as I recall). I believe that Xotic has an option to add a BT card, but I do not see that on all sites.

If the Network card is without BT, is a BT card included separately?

Also, is there any more solid date other than 'end of May' for the AMD 7970M? I am leaning towards a beast of a GPU and it seems the 7970M gives much more bang for the $/Watt.

10. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    We offer the 2230 (BT 4.0) and the 6235 (BT 4.0) both are Intel cards. Our base wireless is the 2230. The Killer wireless cards and the Intel 6300 do NOT have bluetooth. However, we do offer a USB Btooth adapter if you want that also on our site.

For the other sites that have the "Integrated" wireless + bluetooth, that is a wireless card with bluetooth onboard.