Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Disguise

Disguise Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well it's good to hear that you accept NZ credit cards. I've never bought something as expensive as this from overseas before and it'd be good to have the peace of mind of going through credit.

Also good to hear that you have Australian warranty repairs. It'll still probably be pricey but probably not as bad as shipping to the US.

Do you have a ballpark figure for shipping a W110ER to NZ?

2. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually its the same as shipping to AUS, which is around $100-$125 via USPS depending on how everyone's government is feeling at any given moment.

3. r3teng

r3teng Newbie

Reputations:
    i'm from california and the california tax is a huge killer for me especially when it comes to buying a pricey notebook. are there any resellers that don't add on california tax?

4. MALIBAL

MALIBAL Company Representative

Reputations:
    Companies only have to collect sales tax for the states they're located in... so only companies who are located in California will charge California Sales Tax. We're in Nevada, so we only charge sales tax for orders shipping within Nevada. :)

5. tsuki2000

tsuki2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are any resellers aside from Mythlogic planning to offer a matte screen option for the Clevo W110ER/Sager NP6110? If I'm going to be something for its portability, I'd prefer to be able to use it in various lighting conditions.

It's not that I don't like Mythlogic (I've never made a purchase there, actually), but I do like to shop around and compare prices when possible.

6. redmango

redmango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Like many others I will be placing my order next week as the IB NDA is lifted. Until then I do have a question about the hard drive for the Sager/Clevo P150EM or P170EM.

Is it possible to order a laptop without a hard drive? I like to use my existing 2.5" hard drive and take the money that would have gone to the order and either select an upgrade for the display or select a mSATA (240 GB if available).

If this is possible, are there any caveats that I should be aware if I go this route? I'm wondering how laptop testing and the warranty would be applied to such an order. Of course components added by the user would not be part of the warranty.

7. Heihachi_1337

Heihachi_1337 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It may be best to contact the resellers you are considering to ask these questions to them a little more directly.

Each of us may have a different list of configuration options for you and we may allow special requests such as what you are asking for above.

Obviously, customer installed parts would not be covered under warranty and up to the customer on their own parts.

For testing if ordered without HDD, shops usually test with their own equipment installed to make sure the OS and drivers all load and function properly and test the components of the laptop before being sent out. After testing the components and verifying everything works, the shop HDD is simply removed and laptop is packed up without the drives.

8. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You should be able to order without a hard drive. You're better off using the savings for a screen upgrade since a 240GB msata is $400..
    Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series MKNSSDAT240GB-DX mSATA 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

They'd have a test hard drive, load up an OS, and test the components.. They'll supply you with a driver's disc.

9. redmango

redmango Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the input guys. It was quite helpful.

10. Baenwort

Baenwort Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not sure about the other resellers but I know Mythlogic will sell you the laptop without the drive and will offer to install your drive if you ship it to them or have it shipped to them(depending on if you have it in your possession) as I am having them do that with my w110er. I have a Intel 320 drive that I want to use and I just shipped it to them and they are going to install it at no extra cost and configure windows the same version of windows that I already have a key for via my student purchase plan.