Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. grunnsat

grunnsat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is the simplest Clevo notebook that can be equipped with a 4k display?

I want to do photo editing with a high quality 100% AdobeRGB display. For some completely unknown reason 1920 x 1080 displays do not have 100% AdobeRGB gamut, only 4k displays have it.

Even the simplest Intel mobile processor can support a 4k display, but all those moronic notebook manufacturers will only put 4k displays in notebooks that almost need a 3-phase power connector. Extremely powerful and expensive gaming notebooks. Guess what, I'm retired and not interested in gaming. But I would like to edit the pictures I take with my digital camera, and I have invested in software for that kind of work. Normal notebooks displays have a horrible colour reproduction, but it seems notebook manufacturers have no idea.

jellygood likes this.
  2. grunnsat

grunnsat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Let me add a few notes.

I know many people who own a notebook, but none of them is into gaming. And yet I can't read any review of a notebook or a graphics card, and it's all about gaming.

There are also several web sites publishing reviews for the best notebooks for photography. Wouldn't it be great if there would be a 17 inch Clevo notebook for that purpose? Since photo editing software is usually single threaded, you don't need some 6 core monster CPU. In fact, a CPU with a very high single threaded performance would be better. And you don't need an extremely fast graphics card either. It's all so very simple if you think of it.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/best-laptops-for-photographers

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I cannot link to our site due to Notebookreview forum rules, but if you email Donald@HIDevolution.com I can send you the link to the EVOC High Performance Systems PB51RC-O

4K with OLED screen, Intel® Core™ i7-9750H and nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti

4. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sager NP9176 series has 4K option but probably not the simplest Clevo notebook because of the desktop CPU platform.

5. jellygood

jellygood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How are the chances for the configs below next year? Hopefully early in 2020

-Clevo with AMD 7nm CPU?
    -Clevo with AMD 7nm GPU?
    -Clevo with 17" 4K 120Hz panel (nonTouch)?

6. foresterx

foresterx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    need a gpu for p775tm1 as mine got burned up, i dont know current prices though

7. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How can I get a Prema bios? I really want one for my P750TM1-G.

8. lesenegalais

lesenegalais Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a question for Donald@HIDevolution.com (I was going to email you, but I thought this might help others; (I'll order from you for the delid and premabios, and your reviews are nothing but good things)).
    I understand from the forum that the p870 is at the end of it’s life, but it seems with the recent updates, and nvidia 20XX options, it is the the best chassis available in term of heat management with the VC (hence performance), even with the possible new chassis for 2020 that leaked (the x170 ?).
    I am not in a hurry to order (I am in Europe and will have family coming to Europe in June 2020), so should I wait and see what new options will be released in the coming months, or get one of the p870 while they last, knowing that support might be a b**ch in the future?
    Does the VC really justify the 700 usd difference with a p775? Or is there something else I overlooked?
    Thank you for your time.

9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hmm, an interesting dilemma. Ordinarily I would say wait to see what is going on closer to your USA visit...but by doing that you may be risking that the EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM-R will no longer be available. That is the dilemma...unfortunately, I can only lay it out, I cannot make that decision for you.

Support won't be a problem for years...you get Lifetime Tech Support, and Clevo is very good about keeping parts for years after a model is discontinued...probably the best out of all of the manufacturers we represent.

The Vapor Chamber alone is not worth the $700 delta, but it is more than just that. Even without the VC the 870 cools better than the 775 (although I always recommend getting the VC), and is more feature rich.

I will be here to serve you whenever you are ready!

lesenegalais, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. lesenegalais

lesenegalais Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your reply, that's what I thought.
    Christmas is around the corner, I might contact you again soon by direct email this time.

One last question, do you think this chassis would be able to handle 2 20XX in sli for possible future upgrades or that's asking to much of the current 370 chipset?

Again, thank you for your time!