Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    You could always go the workstation route, and get yourself something like a Dell Precision 7740: you can configure the graphics card, everything from no discrete card to a Quadro RTX 5000, no desktop CPU, and plenty of ports. Oh, and it has a 17" 4K 100% ARGB display.

As for @XMG's comment:

Dell has done precisely this with their Precision 7X30 series: they have a 40-to-30 pin eDP cable. My own motherboard has a 40-pin connector, but the display is a 1080p 60 Hz 6bpc one (LG LP156WF6), with a 30-pin port. I don't have the cable with me right now, but I can take a photo of it.

I think it can be done, just that manufacturers aren't willing to do so. Dell does, because it has the economies of scale that Clevo doesn't.

2. grunnsat

grunnsat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The point is that 4k displays are easily available with 100% Adobe RGB, or close to it. Rumour has it that there were (are?) 1920 x 1080 displays with 100% Adobe RGB, but try to find them, and then see if they fit in your notebook.

At the moment it seems that Clevo is producing about 500 different notebook chassis (perhaps a bit less, but not much), but nothing moderately priced for customers wanting to edit photographs, and needing a display that has 100% Adobe RGB or similar.

3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I think MSI was offering them in a lot of computers a couple generations ago. Can't remember the panel names though.

4. grunnsat

grunnsat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HP has 17 inch notebooks with Dreamcolor displays that offer 100% Adobe RGB. Now I just have to find out which types.

5. jsgolly

jsgolly Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi fellow enthusiasts,

I'm a new comer to the Clevo team with a custom P775TM1-G that I received yesterday (9900k, 2080).
    I was looking for a proper work-horse of a laptop and landed up here, much to my pleasant surprise; the thing is a beast!

So, my only question is regarding PCH temps...I was unable to find any straight answer: gaming/rendering loads result in 70-75 CPU/GPU temps (Celcius average), but the PCH shoots past that into the 90s!
    I realize that it's passively cooled (if at all) as the temps take forever to come down, long after the other components have cooled off. During regular web browsing, the PCH is still hovering between 65-70.
    Is this normal/anything to be worried about? The seller who assembled it and sold it to me has told me it's no problem, but I'd like to check with the panel of experts here.

Thanks!

6. mnd99

mnd99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Other than Xoticpc and HID, can anyone recommend another reputable reseller? Just curious about the options out there. I like customization options like copper cooling/backplate mods and so forth.

7. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    I also like GenTechPC, worked with them to rectify a few RMA cases. Good peeps.

8. Danny193

Danny193 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi do any of the EU resellers have the p640re/rf or p640hj in stock?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  9. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    what exactly you looking for ?>

10. xklis

xklis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi !
    It looks like clevo pb50rf with i9-9980hk is available for european market with 240hz display only (so no g-sync here).

Is there any european clevo reseller who is planning to offer PB51RF-G (the one without those orange lines on both sides of the laptop) with both i9-9980hk and 144hz ips display ?