Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. camberman3000

camberman3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Never heard of them coming with anything but the 330w but I'm not an expert by any means. I can say with confidence that the 2 into 1 adapter simply combines the power to run laptops configured in such a way to need more than a single power brick can provide. No voodoo in them. :)

Hterag likes this.
  2. Hterag

Hterag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for that, I can't imagine it won't run on the 330w but wanted some reassurance because of all the warnings all over the box. Again, I'm thinking that's because it came with two 230w bricks and they're worried people will just plug one of those in which wouldn't be enough but a 330w should be.

Edit: For anyone curious, it works fine with a single 330W, maxed out power consumption I saw was 340W at the wall under stress tests.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  3. xklis

xklis Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi !

Any european clevo resellers who has P955ET1 with 60hz or 144 hz display ?

Because the only option i'm finding right now is only 120hz tn display.

Some were advertising their p955et1 units with 60hz or 144hz panel but after inquiring them for further info about it they realized it was an error and so it looks like only 120hz is available.

For instance Metabox (australia) has fhd 60hz,120hz,144hz and even 4k option.

Maybe a clevo decision to no let european resellers to inquire for units with 60hz or 144hz display ?

Any news about it ?

4. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Try EUROCOM, they probably have a variety for you with the cable which you might also need.

5. xklis

xklis Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Eurocom does not sell p955et1 and i don't want to do any manual display switch.

i just want to know if clevo allows european distributors to inquire for p955et1 units with 60hz or 144hz display.

It seems so weird that a notebook intended for 3d cad applications/productivity thanks to its quadro p3200 is only available with a 120hz tn display more indicated to gaming world !o_O

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  6. GoupilFroid

GoupilFroid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. woodzstack

Reputations:
    EUROCOM sells more then what is listed on thier site, they have access to all Clevo models, and thus essentially at the very least support all panels if I had to guess. Like is it a 30/40pin eDP cable, and panel ? Whats the model of panel you have and the model of the 120hz panels you see available, then we can look for compatible 144hz panels using same connector.

8. xklis

xklis Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Should i choose to go for p955et1, i want to receive it with 60hz or 144hz panel already installed on the chassis.

Even if eurocom has a compatible lcd display for p955et1, it's up to me either sending them my p955et1 unit and asking them to replace the screen (i doubt if they can do it) or performing display switch by myself with the fear of breaking something.

I just don't want to spend a lot of money on a notebook and then spend again because clevo decided that european resellers "deserve" tn 120hz only !o_O

And if this is the reality, i may look to other notebook options bacause i don't want to buy a notebook with a gaming oriented display.

9. woodzstack

Reputations:
    well I'm not here to argue with you, but there are plenty of resellers out there that would be happoy to charge you for changing your panel, but if you can buy it with it already installed all the better right ?

10. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    would love to know cost of a shell for a p775tm1.... with a custom color ...