Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    No it's TN. Google the model number of the screen in my signature

2. Dc_79

Dc_79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well I think I need to check my laptop again just to make sure and then have a chat with my seller!!

3. Leon321

Leon321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    from what i have read online these high end TN panel are re-marketed as IPS - sometime calling it wide angle ips or if says IPS 120Hz then its a TN panel

4. Dc_79

Dc_79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah that's what they quoted a IPS 120hz panel.

So I haven't been short changed then? I like the screen it amazing, but I don't like being lied too.

Phoenix likes this.
  5. Dextrosia

Dextrosia Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone maybe know where I could find a Tv Tuner Module for this Laptop?
    (The Clevo P170HM)
    I Managed to find a TV Tuner Module for a Clevo D47EV Laptop on ebay, just wondering if anybone might know if that would work in my Clevo P170HM as well, or not?
    Many Thanks

6. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    I'm not sure there was a TV tuner for this laptop, or are you looking for just an external solution like a USB one ?

7. Dextrosia

Dextrosia Newbie

Reputations:
    HI There,

If I open up the laptop from the bottom I see an open Pci-e Slot, with the markings "Tv Tuner"
    Also, if you have a look at the P170HM Service Manual, It specifically has a section for the installing/removing of a TV Tuner Card. (See attached Pics)

Just wondering if a Generic one like the AverMedia A316 / A317 / A327 / A336 etc might also be compatible with this unit? ? ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  8. Metamaker

Metamaker Newbie

Reputations:
    I’d like to get a new laptop and am currently looking at HIDevolution’s EVOC P750TM-G and Eurocom’s Sky X4C. I would normally contact the companies directly but I think these questions are likely to come up for others.

Also, I feel like I should make clear my intent. I’m not gunning for the absolute lowest price because you can always go lower if you just lower your standards. My sense is this’ll be a good value either way. I am looking determine who edges out the other by features and service. So, the questions to each vendor are to get an apples to apples comparison - at least as much as is practical - but also to see where things differ. Again, this one is for HIDevolution’s EVOC P750TM-G but anyone else knows the answer please feel free to jump in.

I have two areas of questions. I’ll call one general questions and the other sources of confusion.

General Questions

What is the chassis made of ?
    How durable is it?
    How much flex does it have?
    If I damage the chassis in the future will I be able to buy one?
    If yes, for about how long?​

(I’m asking all this because, over the years, my Mac took a beating and kept going)

Where are the intake and exhaust ports?​

Sources of Confusion

What is the difference between the MSI and Clevo EVOC units?
    Which, if either, allows for upgrades to CPU or GPU?
    (I tried searching mxm but the only four results were upgrade kits. I also tried comparing models but it’s basically a html/css rats’ nest)
    Are dead pixels covered by your normal warranty?
    Should it really take an extra $100 for a worthwhile screen? I know your time is with money but it seems like better screens might be the solution.
    What if 50% of people wanted screens that are in the top 20% — there seems something philosophically (not to mention mathematically) wrong with that.​

Finally, and I know this isn’t an apples to apples comparison, do you sell a Ryzen based laptop that a) has 64 gb as the max ram b) is upgradable in terms of cpu and gpu c) is great ready and is approximately comparable?

Thanks, I appreciate the info and am looking forward to getting back to real computer and not a iPad.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  9. Metamaker

Metamaker Newbie

Reputations:
    This looks similar to the one above, but it’s not the same.

I’d like to get a new laptop and am currently looking at Eurocom’s Sky X4C and HIDevolution’s EVOC P750TM-G. I would normally contact the companies directly but I think these questions are likely to come up for others.

Also, I feel like I should make clear my intent. I’m not gunning for the absolute lowest price because you can always go lower if you just lower your standards. My sense is this’ll be a good value either way. I am looking determine who edges out the other by features and service. So, the questions to each vendor are to get an apples to apples comparison - at least as much as is practical - but also to see where things differ. This one is for Eurocom and, again, the Sky X4C but anyone else knows the answer please feel free to jump in.

I have two areas of questions. I’ll call one general questions and the other sources of confusion.

General Questions

What model clevo does the Sky X4C map to?
    What is the chassis made of ?
    How durable is it?
    How much flex does it have?
    If I damage the chassis in the future will I be able to buy one?
    If yes, for about how long?​

(I’m asking all this because, over the years, my Mac took a beating and kept going)

Where are the intake and exhaust ports?
    What M.2 cellular card do you recommend?​

Sources of Confusion

Reading through the forums posts, I noticed you said this:

[​IMG]
    https://imageshack.com/i/pnz6hFa6j

And, I think on Twitter, the bios is unlocked

[​IMG]
    https://imageshack.com/i/pn3dlsJqj

But on the order/customization form it says this

[​IMG]
    https://imageshack.com/i/pnmUeM4Cj

So, is delidding standard or not?

Is an unlocked bios standard or not?

Who is the bios by? I noticed according to some posts you were, but aren’t now, partnered with Perma.

Why is there the confusion on the pricing?

I also noticed from looking at Clevo, Sager, MSI, xoticpc, hidevolution, and others that g-synch is standard. Is this standard with Eurocom, are you specifying different screens or ... what? I’m trying to figure out why g-synch is an additional charge. It’s not that important of a feature to me but it stands out. The charitable interpretation of these is what you’re saying on the forums and some of the webpages is the actual case and the rest are webmaster issues. The less than charitable interpretation is more along the lines of “Whoo ho! Some sucker can’t read. First round is on the company!”

Finally, and I know this isn’t an apples to apples comparison, do you sell a Ryzen based laptop that a) has 64 gb as the max ram b) is upgradable in terms of cpu and gpu c) is VR ready and is approximately comparable?

Thanks, I appreciate the info and am looking forward to getting back to real computer and not a iPad.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. Metamaker

Metamaker Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, this was a duplicate post.