Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Alien69

Alien69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The real problem is that technology in this field is practically not advancing and most manufacturers just don't care about what quality their screen offer. They just care about money.

'this is a characteristic of IPS-level screens' is just a lame excuse. Same as 'all new intel's CPUs are designed work at 100°C', 'laptops can't have decent speakers', and so on...

Laptops with good IPS screens and that don't show noticeable glows or bleed are out there, you got to be lucky to find them but they exist! Most of the time it's just a matter of design and good mounting. When I get a model with bezels that pinch the screen in more points and show massive bleed you can't tell me that is "a characteristic of IPS-level screens".

About hidevolution service I've expressed my skepticism here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ize-lcd-backlight-bleed.809399/#post-10609792

2. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    we understand your sentiments, some of us feel the same way too. This is the wrong thread for discussing it though, so lets not get the thread off track, but either way ping me in another thread if you create one of find one on the subject, I love the topic and would welcome discussing it further, and welcome to NBR too, see you are relatively new here so here have some free rep :p

Alien69 likes this.
  3. Geforce2go

Geforce2go Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've noticed on the hidevolution.com configuration page for the 1060 PA71HP6-G and 1070 version that there isn't an m.2 drive option. It could possibly be a cache problem with my tablet though.

4. Delgada89

Delgada89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do many resellers offer the option to remove the CPU if they don't offer the one you want?

5. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    On the BGA CPUs? None that I know of. Some models have different SKUs/different motherboards with different CPUs.

6. Delgada89

Delgada89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I mean't with PGA/LGA socketed CPUs. Sorry. I'm interested in 8350k and it seems (so far) that no one is offering that on the 8700k laptops. I don't want the 8700k so I want to know if I can deduct the cost of the CPU and just put in my own.

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ah. Most sellers sell (I feel a tongue twister coming on...) with at least a CPU and video card. You might be hard pressed to get something without the CPU.

8. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    @Prostar Computer what panel are you using on the P650HP6?

Not the 120Hz one.

Is it 72% NTSC or 45%NTSC?

9. kukuspess

kukuspess Newbie

Reputations:
    I can see the option in the HP6 model, if you click one of the raid options in the HS model the m.2 drives will appear, it is a little bug.

Geforce2go likes this.
  10. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    What country?