Ask the Resellers! Questions to Reseller Thread.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Danny193

Danny193 Newbie

Reputations:
    what mxm gpus does the p150sm stock bios support?

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    7xxM, officially. The 8xxM and 9xxM should work with little, additional effort.

3. Danny193

Danny193 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do any resellers in the eu have any n170rd1 or n170rf1 in stock?

4. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    do you have infos about Clevo with nvidia p3000?

5. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    No word just yet. We're still rocking the m1000m - m3000m models, but demand isn't high.

sicily428 likes this.
  6. sicily428

Reputations:
    Do you have infos about p950hp6-g?

7. Glzmo

Glzmo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Greetings!

As a longitime Alienware customer that is disgruntled about them going BGA with their new systems I'm finally contemplating to replace my trusty Alienware M18x-R2 of which one video card just died with a Clevo-based model. I've been looking around and have some questions for the resellers:

Questions for @XMG (mysn/Schenker):

I've been looking around and believe an XMG from mysn.de system may be a good choice (while I'd prefer a reseller located in Austria, there don't seem to be any comparable Resellers with as many options as Schenker offers around here, so Germany seems to be the best choice).

1. If I ordered the Schenker XMG U717 or U727 (2017 versions) without any hard drives (I still have a bunch of drives in my current system I wish to reuse), does it come with mounting brackets and screws for both HDD bays as well as all the M2 bays with the system still so I can simply move them to the new system?

2. Which Clevo chassis are the U717 and U727 respectively based on?

3. Does the U727 have much better cooling than the U717 when paired with a single GTX 1080 8GB video card?

4. Does the U727 still come with the fan for the second video card and does that fan work even if there is only one video card installed in the system to exhaust additional heat from the chassis?

5. Do the U717/U727 (2017 version with Intel Core i7 7700K CPU) support Quad Channel memory or is it Dual Channel only? I'd like to go with two sticks of RAM to be able to upgrade more easily when the need arises later, but if Quad Channel is supported, I'd go with four instead.

6. If I buy the U717/U727 with only two sticks of RAM, would they always come pre-installed in the less-accessible RAM slots of the system so I can easily upgrade the system with more RAM from below later or is it random?

7. Is mysn/XMG a Prema partner and thus can provide buyers with Prema Mod/Bios tokens?

General Questions for any Resellers:
    Is there a 15" Clevo chassis/configuration that supports/has an Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB MXM 3.0b card? I kind of like the idea of going slightly smaller/more portable with my laptop this time around but do not wish to sacrifice power.

9. Does any Clevo reseller that ships from inside the European Union that ships to Austria sell separate Clevo GTX 980M 8GB MXM 3.0b video card upgrades with X-Bracket and matching screws? I'd like to upgrade my current system which currently has a faulty 7970M with one when I get a system one to give to my little brother and would like to avoid lengthy import tax/toll proceedings, if possible.

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm very much looking forward to your answers.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  8. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Only one question: which of you guys offer repair services on Clevo notebooks purchased overseas, and is it possible to "buy" Prema Mod from the resellers like Obsidian/HIDE if we've already bought our devices elsewhere (namely Aftershock)?

9. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi! Sorry for the delayed response, I was on holiday over the weekend so have just seen your post.

You will receive all HDD/SSD/M.2 mounting brackets no matter how many drives you order with the laptop itself.

Which Clevo chassis are the U717 and U727 respectively based on?

The U717 is based on the P775DM3, the "U727 2017" is based on the P870KM-GS chassis - this is with the Z270 chipset whereas the older U727 uses the Z170 chipset.

Technically the P870KM1-G is the SLI version and the P870KM-GS is the single GPU version. You would actually receive the -GS chassis whether you order from us with single or dual GPUs, but it makes no difference as we purchase the chassis and GPU/HS separately and build each order up according to the confirguration.

3.Does the U727 have much better cooling than the U717 when paired with a single GTX 1080 8GB video card?

Yes, with a single GPU in the U727 you don't have a shared heatsink with the CPU like you do in the U717, so the cooling in U727 with single GPU is superior.

4. Does the U727 still come with the fan for the second video card and does that fan work even if there is only one video card installed in the system to exhaust additional heat from the chassis?

If you order with 1x 1080 you will receive the heatsink which covers that GPU, therefore the fan for the second GPU slot isn't included. The "SLI" heatsink costs more and it's not really necessary to have the other fan running by itself in terms of thermal performance.

5. Do the U717/U727 (2017 version with Intel Core i7 7700K CPU) support Quad Channel memory or is it Dual Channel only? I'd like to go with two sticks of RAM to be able to upgrade more easily when the need arises later, but if Quad Channel is supported, I'd go with four instead.

6. If I buy the U717/U727 with only two sticks of RAM, would they always come pre-installed in the less-accessible RAM slots of the system so I can easily upgrade the system with more RAM from below later or is it random?[/QUOTE]

They are both dual channel systems and if you order 2x SODIMMs they will be installed under the keyboard so it's relatively easy to add more by removing the lower panel of the chassis :)

7. Is mysn/XMG a Prema partner and thus can provide buyers with Prema Mod/Bios tokens?

We know Prema well but are not one of his partners.

8. Is there a 15" Clevo chassis/configuration that supports/has an Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB MXM 3.0b card? I kind of like the idea of going slightly smaller/more portable with my laptop this time around but do not wish to sacrifice power.

Unfortunately no, there's simply not ample cooling space in a chassis of that size for a 1080 to operate.

9.Does any Clevo reseller that ships from inside the European Union that ships to Austria sell separate Clevo GTX 980M 8GB MXM 3.0b video card upgrades with X-Bracket and matching screws? I'd like to upgrade my current system which currently has a faulty 7970M with one when I get a system one to give to my little brother and would like to avoid lengthy import tax/toll proceedings, if possible.

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm very much looking forward to your answers.

I would recommend asking our sales team at info @ mysn.de about this as they will have access to stock information and be able to advise what they can do for you. If they do have stock and can help, they would likely ask for your laptop to be sent to us as we don't sell GPUsas individual items to customers from other companies.

Glzmo likes this.
  10. sicily428

Reputations: