1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Arma 3 announced & specs revealed!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Phistachio, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Coming 2012, this game looks very promising! I might pick up Arma 2 just to see how it is. Here's a PCGamer link : Arma 3 announced, releasing Summer 2012, first screenshots | PC Gamer

I really, REALLY hope that the following specs :

OS – Windows 7 / Vista
    CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
    GPU – Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
    RAM – 2 GB
    HDD – 15 GB free space
    DVD – Dual Layer compatible
    DirectX® – 10

are RECOMMENDED specs, because if those are minimum, then all of NBR forumers and NB users are screwed! :eek:

Looking forward to ArmA 3!

2. Pitabred

Pitabred Linux geek con rat flail!

Reputations:
    Not all of us. Pretty sure my Envy hits those specs ;) But they are pretty steep for minimum specs. A 5770 is still a mid-high card.

3. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Ah... If your is OK, then mine is too :p

I just want maxed textures and details, with only bloom and lightshafts, and some nice lighting effects on 1080p. That's all :rolleyes:, rest will be in low in both A3 and BF3 ;)

4. BenWah

BenWah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Operation flashpoint released a billion years ago was more fun to play than arma.

It doesn't need super fancy graphics or engine, it needs good game play and AI. :)

5. Syberia

Syberia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I recall correctly, ArmA 2 specified either a Pentium D or Core 2 Duo as its minimum requirements, yet the game struggled at times on my quad-core i5/(at the time) 4890 combination, and was pretty unplayable on the i3 it replaced.

I don't expect my laptop to be able to run this at all, and I imagine it'll take a heavily overclocked Sandy Bridge desktop chip along with something in XFire/SLI to max this out.

6. Bearclaw

Bearclaw Steaming

Reputations:
    5770 is an OC'ed 5870. FYI

7. A_Grounded_Pilot

A_Grounded_Pilot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Think you got that backwards.

8. Deks

Deks Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yet ANOTHER shooter?
    Aside from the graphics, this seems utterly boring.

Seriously what is it with all the shooters?
    I'm sick and tired of there being nothing else.

9. LaptopNut

LaptopNut Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Don't worry about the specs, even Arma 2 can't run well on something ten times better.

10. usapatriot

usapatriot Recent Grad Trying to Find His Way

Reputations:
    I was psyched for ArmA2 and OPF2 but they both received seriously negative reviews on release so I'm hesitant about this game. Besides, I'm not really into hardcore FPS sims, I prefer middle ground games such as Battlefield! :)