Area 51M R2 Time Spy and Fire Strike scores low

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by jpowell490, Feb 22, 2021.

1. jpowell490

jpowell490 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. Normimb

Normimb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you do all the things i asked you to do?
    If yes then the CPU results is bad. Should be 13K.

Make sure both power supply are connected and working. You should see 570W in HWinfo

upload_2021-2-27_20-47-35.png
    Edit: i highlighted all the settings you have to have in the instruction i gave you before:à

help.PNG

Also adjust PL1 and PL2 the same i have
    pl1 and pl2.PNG

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Papusan likes this.
  3. jpowell490

Reputations:
    Yes, I did everything you asked. Don't take that the wrong way, I really appreciate everything you have done. Just frustrated. This is the third POS.

4. Normimb

Reputations:
    Everything is fine sir:).
    I need some details. Did you reset bios? Did you undervolt with ThrottleStop? Did you ajdust AWCC overclock to off?
    Show us a HWinfo print screen while you run CBR20 just before the test ends. Reset all info in HWinfo just before the test starts.
    Score should be 6k or more at 48 or 49X.

Papusan likes this.
  5. jpowell490

Reputations:
    Norm, that's the thing. I ran Cinebench 20 yesterday completely stock and received the following scores. Yes, I followed everything you listed step by step.

Again, this is just factory stock as it comes in the Cinebench 20. Let me know if this is what you needed. These screens are not using throttlestop, just factory stock.

Screenshot_20210227-211827_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210227-211832_Gallery.jpg

Papusan likes this.
  6. Normimb

Reputations:
    Your CPU score is fine if it's stock.
    What we need to see is this in HWinfo:
    Reset before test and print screen just before it ends

HWinfo.PNG

Papusan likes this.
  7. jpowell490

Reputations:
    OK, I will run that in just a bit and post it. Thanks again.

Normimb likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Don't look you blind on the 53 clock speed. Futuremark System info will read the max multi if its all core bost or TVB (single boost). This doesn't mean he run it at that speed. See my older post here http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-fire-strike-scores-low.835433/#post-11080296

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/23232880
    1E7BB8B4-F9EC-490E-A7E2-DDDF640652FD.jpeg

In short... He should be able to run his chips at stock and get correct Cpu scores in the short 3DM physics tests (his scores in benchmarks as Cinebench seems ok). You shouldn't need to do anything. Not even need to undervolt for this to happen. Exactly as notebookcheck test their laptops (out of the box). Undervolt is for making your chips run colder under prolonged heavy usage, and to keep all cores boost clock at max. Futuremark benchmarks don't max out the Cpu in same way as etc Aida/P95 stress tests. 100% load is somewhat different depending on the applications.
    Regarding Aida64 Cashe amd memory Benchmark... See my post here http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ware-17-r4-15-r3.797653/page-11#post-10507393

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Mr. Fox and Normimb like this.
  9. jpowell490

Reputations:
    So, there's something wrong with the processor then if it won't hit scores in Timespy, but it does in every other benchmark? Yea, I don't want to have to undervolt and all that to get normal scores. It either works or it doesn't and for 4k, it should work. I'm super disappointed after 3 months and 3 laptops. I thought this one was good.

I don't see the sensor data in HWinfo64 that shows the power supply data. I've looked and looked.

10. Normimb

Reputations:
    For the power supply data you need HWinfor latest version. You can also see power supply in Bios.
    @Papusan is right (again :)) when he says that Fururmark reports turbo boost for the highest core (single core) I didn't know that. Thanks @Papusan. So maybe you were running the test stcok then.

All your other test appears normal, other then timeSpy CPU. I personnaly think you have an issue with your settings not being correct in AWCC/ software issue but i am not sure. Please. post the HWinfo print screen when running CBR20 (now you need a little undervolt otherwise your CPU will thermalThrottle like crazy) set it at -100Mv core and cache and 48X all cores. You need 6000 minimum.

Edit: Just re-read the @Papusan post and listen to what he suggest. Your CPU score looks fine but run it stock (no undervolt and post picture of HWinfo, just to confirm everything is fine).It will hit 100C but it's ok.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Papusan likes this.