Area 51m International Order - XoticPC or Hidevolution

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by nido23, Apr 19, 2019.

?

Should I Ask for a refund?

1. Ask for a refund and purchase from hidevolution instead.

66.7%
  2. Wait through it, xoticpc's cheaper price makes it worth it.

33.3%
  1. nido23

nido23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Area 51m thru Dell's website isn't available in my country. Hence, I opted to choose XoticPC. However, there is a significant delay with XoticPC, and I noticed that Hidevolution continuously gets their Area51m orders whereas XoticPC has not received a single Area51m from earlier this year. Like, hidevolution even listed some Area 51m variants as "in stock".

Now my questions are:

1.) Why is hidevolution receiving their stock vs xoticpc not receiving anything.
    2.) Why is there around 400 USD difference between hidevolution and xoticpc Area 51m.

If I wasn't a long time member in this forum then I would've already thought that XoticPC scammed me but because I know that they do get a mention in this forum every now and then, I know that they are credible resellers. (I'm quite paranoid that I actually checked if I purchased from a fake website fronting as XoticPC or something).

Should I just ask for a refund and order thru Hidevolution?

2. Docboocock

Docboocock Newbie

Reputations:
    Same boat as you. I don't know about hidevoultion though. Is it really in stock? and when I bought mine 2 months ago at xoticpc, it was literally 1k cheaper with the same specs, than it was at hidevoultion.

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think XoticPC is playing safe and are letting all issues fixed at dell factory instead of ruining customers laptop.
    Even HID is trying its best for RMAs for affected products.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Because with HIDevolution who is an authorized Dell reseller as I saw in Frank Azor's Twitter account, you get superb quality and cooling mods. You get what you pay for.

Good luck

5. nido23

nido23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I purchased my 1st 17R4 from them and in general I wasn't happy with the backlight bleed, I know I didn't purchase the 100 USD screen upgrade but I thought I got a bottom 1% of the screen, it was downright bleeding even with white light.

Then, this job from hidevolution:

Which makes me think.. . .. . . . . .and think. :(

6. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You ordered two months ago and haven't received it yet?

I placed and order on 9th April. What are the chances I get the laptop delivered from Xotic before June 1st?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Let me know what you decide. I'm on the same boat as you and will take your decision into consideration. Is there any representative of Xotic around these parts? Any comment would be useful at this point rather than lose their business.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

8. nido23

nido23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm waiting till the end of April. :(

@Support.2@XOTIC PC

I thought I saw that low pricing earlier as well, then I waited for reviews and eventually ordered one Mar 15 with a higher price tag but still lower than other resellers.

I asked the xotic's customer support and they said every Area 51m order is not yet fulfilled as dell is not shipping any of their orders and is continuously pushing the shipment date backwards and beyond. :(

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    which country are u from? if you are from Malaysia, we need to start a petition to push dell marketing to release this laptop here. compared to resellers, i very much prefer to buy it from dell directly.

10. nido23

nido23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Unfortunately no, I'm based in Qatar now and no consumer electronics shop here has the Area 51m. Mind you, even if they did, the prices are astronomical. Borderline scamming :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O