Are these temperatures normal in gt62vr 7re?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by wantafarma, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @Rob Ballard
    When you say it 'shuts down' at 90C, do you mean it powers off instantly (like you had a power outage, with the battery removed) and then powers on again by itself about 1 second later?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. Frib

Frib Newbie

Reputations:

After I wrote that post, for one or two times that 1 fan worked again somehow, one of the 50 times that I had my pc for 15minutes m'ax. More than this it would burn, but since I had no other choise at those moments.....

I sent it to warranty as soon as I arrived to my homecountry and it came back working. I still didn't push it too much since then, but I surelly will put that cooling system up to some tests. MSI "sells" a very good cooling system, that was one of the reasons I choose this laptop. It appears that maybe to high componments, cooling system in these models (or batches) came with problems.

Unfortunatelly it seems that the safest and more sure solution is to send it to warranty... Specially in my case that if I open the laptop I lose warranty.

Good luck with that,
    Kind regards

3. wantafarma

wantafarma Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, its OP back here and guess what?.....same exact thing just happened to me... when PC starts, cpu fan is 0RPM for 30 mins then suddenly it starts jumping around from 0 to 4000. This issue already happened a couple of years ago and someone found the solution for ANOTHER MODEL: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=162459.0
    but it seems MSI is not paying attention to the countless complaints about this issue on the forums to bother..

4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That forum said the problem is the yellow (fan speed) wire, rather than the actual fan itself. Perhaps check the cable for a break or damage?

5. GoesTo11

GoesTo11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The cpu fan on my GT62VR 6RE died a month after the warranty expired. Before I started having problems with the fan, my temperatures were really good. Even with the dead fan, I can still do some things without the cpu heating too much. I bought a fan on ebay. It shipped on Dec 22 and is finally due to arrive next week.

6. fcvf

fcvf Newbie

Reputations:
    It's the same with my pc. First stopped the CPU cooler and yesterday I noticed the hot pc, when I went to analyze the 2 were standing still. My computer also gave problem in HDMI output. But I live in Brazil and I bought in Portugal, I will send by friend for guarantee. Does anyone have a different solution?

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can purchase the fan from MSI directly so feel free to give them a call.

Same for you, try local service and support center to see if you can purchase a cooling fan instead of going with warranty service by sending the machine back to Portugal (as Brazilian office may not offer warranty for many grey market items).

8. fcvf

fcvf Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the support. I'll send him to the guarantee. However, I did a process to try to reactivate the coolers and ended up working momentarily, I used my wife's hair dryer in fan mode and the 2 fans came back to work, however every time I call, I have to use this technique.

9. Jzyftw

Jzyftw Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    edit : nvm

10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's good, if you can get more out of it, why not? But don't forget to order a replacement anyway, because when the time comes it will still need to be replaced.