Are these people for real?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by daniel_g, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel_g

daniel_g Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100130...DYWNjb3JkaW9uX3dvcmxkBHNsawNmb3J0b3lvdGFkcmk-

Are these people for real? The guy that feels ripped off in that article claims his car suddently accelerated, that's not even one of the symptoms described by toyota..

I own a 09 corolla, one of the vehicles that has been recalled, however at no point have I felt ripped off or wanted to yell to costumer service at my local dealer, in fact, I haven't even called them. I'm just patiently waiting for the recall notice to arrive by mail, it will probably cotain all information I need. In the meantime, if I notice my car is not deaccelerating I think I'll simply change my gear to N and try to stop.

Any other recalled vehicle owners here? How do/did you feel about the situation?

2. Lithus

Lithus NBR Janitor

Reputations:
    Unintended acceleration is a serious issue. This is one of the biggest auto recalls in recent history, and obviously there's going to be upset customers. When the consequences include death, people are going to have strong reactions. I mean, people here scream and yell all the time when their computer breaks down. Imagine if we found out that HP computers may glitch and kill people; people would go insane.

3. JCMS

JCMS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    My father owns a 2010 Matrix.

The problem is actually a sticking gas pedal due to extensive wear, a 2010 model should not have issues right now.
    From what I read, the third-party company manufacturing the pedals were so overloaded because of Toyota's popularity that they decided to cut the cost and make one, universal, pedal for all the models. And that happened to not work as intended. (Pontiac Vibe is being recalled too, since it is a Matrix)

To the miss doing 0 to 40 in a parking lot, just learn to use the pedal like it should. Compared to the Nissan Versa I'm used to drive during driving classes (I had difficulties keeping 100KM/h on those things), the Matrix feels like a F1 when starting, but you gotta get used to different accelerators...

4. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    why am i not surprised. Come on HP!

5. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    death by disc ejection...!

next time on final destination 12.

6. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh Toyota... Maybe people'll stop buying Lexus too hahaha

7. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    as long as there are asians, women especially, lexus will continue to thrive. ;)

8. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    nice going toyota.

9. Angelic

Angelic Kickin' back :3

Reputations:
    I'm glad I don't own a Toyota. :wideeyed:
    Are recalls like this common on cars today?

10. X2P

X2P COOLING | NBR Super Mod

Reputations:
    They have always been common but on a small scale and not as serious of an issue. For example 02 Silverados and Sierras were recalled for weak tailgate straps, quick 10 minute fix and only a couple broke and they were over loaded.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...lang=eng&mk=0&md=0&fy=0&ty=9999&ft=&ls=0&sy=0

governments have lists like that and as you can see, dozens of recalls a month. Its just they are not on a massive scale that involves millions of cars and are not as serious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.