Apple reduces speed of iPhones as batteries wear out, report suggests

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Tinderbox (UK), Dec 19, 2017.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Makes sense though. They don't need to push new hardware like that when they're taking cuts from iTunes and the app store, just make sure that when people do upgrade that they stick with Apple products. I'd guess this was the result of research that indicated that people were more likely to abandon Apple for Android if the problem with their phone was a short battery life than if it had a slow OS. A n incorrect conclusion and a bad solution, but I doubt it was to make people throw away their old phones to get new ones so much as to keep them using the OS that makes them money independent of hardware sales because I'd bet as long as a consumer can download songs and games from them they don't care what generation it's on.

kojack, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Exactly. Hence the reason Apple supports their devices for 5 years. Unlike most any android phone which may get 1 OS update. They know they have to sell phones to stay in business. Apple is fine selling services and keeping people using iphones.

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Apple is a hardware co. so their SW is just a free service to keep their Excellent hardware up and running as stable as possible.
    Did you plan to switch to iphone 8?

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nope. My 6s is running just fine. once it starts to slow down, i will replace the battery and keep on trucking. nothing besides wireless charging intrigues me with the new Iphones. Again, If Apple WANTED people to buy devices every year, They would not frig around messing with a silly battery "hack" to slow down their devices. They would simply not update them like Samsung, LG and others. Easy peasy, lemon squeezey. That's how you do it. legal, clean, etc. Just like the android rouges.

5. Vasudev

Reputations:
    A tip for you, I discovered whilst charging the iphone through wall adapter. If your phone gets hot, AIDA64 will report a sudden increase in battery wear level and you must switch off charging and let it cool for 10-15mins and relaunch AIDA64 and actual wear level is hidden.

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    As I mentioned many times. My phone has no issues with slow downs, battery life, charging or etc.

7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    As I said, its just a tip. Anyway, 11.2.5 has better battery it lasted 4.5 days with 25% remaining.

kojack likes this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I cannot comment on the battery life since most of the time my phone is searching for non existant LTE connections in my shop. I am fully wifi inside the shop, no service. So my battery is used more down there because of the constant searching. That being said, i was on a weekend trip this past weekend and after all day I still had 75% plus battery life left. That was with moderate use. NOT BAD.

9. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    The software itself is free, but the transactions users do over it are where the money is.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Everybody simply love its design incl. me.