Apple problems and complaints thread

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by hmscott, Oct 2, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Another happy Apple Refunder...maybe you can too? If your country has consumer protections like Australia. :)

The TRUTH about Apple's Customer Support | Full Refund with CONSUMER LAW

Aug 31, 2019
    Vtudio
    After 4 months of daily use, the keys of my previously repaired MacBook Pro started playing up again. In this review we take you through the various levels of Apple Support to find a resolution. KEYBOARD REFUND REVIEW After 3 months of use my keyboard started failing, so I took it to the Apple Store and they replaced the keyboard in about a week. After another 4 months the replacement keyboard started failing again. I decided to grin and bear with it as I needed the computer for work. Unfortunately after another 2 months it became very unproductive to use, so I took it to the Apple Store again. I had previously heard that they would replace the 2018 keyboard with the newer 2019 nylon keys which were noted to be more reliable, but unfortunately I was just offered another 2018 keyboard replacement. At the store, the manager said that a keyboard issue was just a minor issue, and that it was just best to contact Apple Support to see if they could do anything about it instead. On the phone Apple Support said they viewed the keyboard not functioning properly as a major failure, but all they could offer was a repair unless I had something else in mind. I mentioned that on their website it says according to consumer law I should be entitled to a replacement or even refund after a failed repair. She said that a refund would be hard but a replacement could be possible. After a week or so, I finally got back in touch with Apple Support as I had previously missed the calls of the advisor. At this time I felt guilty thinking that expecting a working keyboard was bad. The advisor on the phone told me that they could offer a replacement, but the prices had gone down in price, so I had to add on some upgrades to match or beat the price I paid, which I did and provided payment details for. Unfortunately, the replacement request was denied citing that they could only replace my MacBook with another 2018 model, so I asked for a refund instead as it was the keyboard I was concerned on.
    Fast forward another couple of weeks and after talking to the refund department and sending my MacBook Pro back, the refund came through. Overall, the whole process took 35 days and a good maybe five hours of talking in total, but everyone was very pleasant to deal with.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well, this guys got a work around. Open another app that opens audio, and leave it open in the background - this keeps your main use app from "sleeping" the DAC / AMP and "popping" starting at 03:45:

16 inch MacBook Pro Speaker POP Issue + Workaround
    Nov 24, 2019
    Archivist42
    Overall I love the 16 inch MacBook Pro. HOWEVER, there is an issue impacting all units I've tested where the speaker exhibits feedback popping whenever audio channels are ungracefully interrupted. I do however, also offer a workaround for any fellow 16 inch MacBook Pro users that you may find helpful.

FaceJacker5 2 weeks ago (edited)
    "Solid workaround. I noticed this problem when listening via the Music app just now. Opening Voice Memos and leaving it in the background seems to have fixed it for me. An annoying problem for what has so far been a very impressive laptop"

Papusan likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It is a software issue which I even have on my Lenovo running Ubuntu for the past 6 yrs. The OS sends a signal to test if audio is working or not pre-UEFI and first gen EFI BIOS based system.
    It seems due to a SW bug which debugs/tests audio from speaker might cause the hardware to fail in near future.

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    When I had a MBP from 2011-2015, my service experiences with Apple, both on the phone and in store, were superb. It's apparent that the quality of service has declined over the years.

Recently, the tip of of the AC adapter on my Lenovo Y545 cracked. I put in a support ticket online, and in less than a week, I had a replacement unit in-hand, no questions asked. For whatever reason, they don't want the old unit back, so I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I'm sure it could be repaired, but I don't have the skill or equipment to try so I'll probably take it to the local electronics recycler.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    What was the main reason you returned your Pop-Machine?

Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The most effective way of dealing with malfunctioning "pop machines" is...
    to pop a cap in it's butt. :vbthumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    The fact it cost almost $3,000 and while it performed great, I just couldn't justify it over my 2013 model.

No SD card slot was one annoyance although I know people will say get a dongle.

In things like video rendering it was 2x faster but again, I am uploading 4K videos around 2 to 10 mins long. I can wait 30 mins - 1 hour instead of 15 - 30 mins.

I used that money to buy another car instead LOL

2002 BMW 330Ci

jclausius, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I guess so. When my son sat on his iphone 6s at a party in university, apple said it would be a free replacement because he had apple care on his phone. Perfect I said send the box. They sent the box and then called me to make sure I received it, and continued to state I now had to pay 150.00 dollars for the repair since they made a mistake. I said really? the "genius" then told me "wait a minute, since it was their mistake, and not mine, they would waive the charge. New iphone for 0.00 dollars! I cannot argue with that. However, their OS and products since the iphone 8 have been spiraling down in terms of quality and functionality both on the mobile tech side, and the personal computer side. The increase in money it costs to buy a lesser built computer from all is not worth it at all at this point.

hmscott likes this.