1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Apple MacBook Pro Review (pics, specs) Discussion

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by crazyguy, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyguy

crazyguy Notebook Enthusiast NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    The MacBook Pro is Apple's latest notebook and their first with Intel's new attempt at notebook dominance, the Core Duo. It represents the near peak of current notebook technology in terms of power, making only a few compromises for the sake of a slim profile and a better battery life.<br /><br />Read the full content of this Article: <a href='http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2890'>Apple MacBook Pro Review (pics, specs)</a><br /><br />

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  2. Reize

Reize Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nice review, glad to finally have a good thorough one here rather than just previews. ^^

I especially like how you added in the Boot Camp feature and how well it performs.

3. crazyguy

crazyguy Notebook Enthusiast NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Thanks! If anyone (perhaps sitting on the fence on this one) has any questions I'll be checking this thread for the next couple of days.

4. snout

snout Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the review. I'm trying to decide between this MBP and the Acer right now. What do you think about Parallels? Have any plans to use it?

5. Reize

Reize Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Apple's generally have better Quality machines than Acers as I've seen so I'd go for the Apple.

You may benefit from filling out the FAQ and posting it in the "What notebook should I buy?" forum.

6. althehotdog

althehotdog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hope that you will enjoy the os as much as i do. get used to it as its great.

7. jujube

jujube Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks CG! Very nice review - I'm one of those sitting on the fence. This will be an ideal purchase for me on 2 fronts: going back to MBA school and working on my graphics design business.

Your review have alleviated the battery & heat issue and confirm the underclocked GPU.

Quick ? - How much RAM did you get? 1GB or 2?

8. Notebook Solutions

Notebook Solutions Company Representative NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Superb review! Too bad it scores bad in 3d marks compared to Acer...

Charlie-Peru :)

9. -Tomy-

-Tomy- Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey, great review.
    How is the gaming performance under windows, and can you use the optical audio connections in windows as well.

Cheers

10. MysticGolem

MysticGolem Asus MVP + NBR Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Wow, nice review!, awsome, you can run windows on bootcamp. :D

This is one kool lappy, i think i saw one in my university, some guy had it, but i din't ask :(.

Gotta love the dimensions and wieght!! wow.

i'm not sure if you know, but the MBP is getting refreshed to address the heat issues and other problems. Something along the lines of return your MBP and get a new one with better stuff in it to cool it...etc etc.

So check that out. :D

Thanks,

MysticGolem